+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11/07 "Surrender"

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    Well I am finally catching up on my tapes. I think that the whole Cruz storyline is ridiculous. She gets hired, raped, arrests some other poor guy with a problem (I know, episode prior to this!), and nobody realizes she's a COP??? UGH. I just think the whole storyline is so damn far fetched.

..I think the show has gotten very choppy. (needless to say, I will still watch every episode, because I do love the characters). I just wish for some better flow. And no more Cruz.
    I hope you all don't mind a brand spanking new member coming in and saying - that I could not agree more with the above sentiments.

It's that ridiculous FBI angle, which makes even less sense after re-watching the last four episodes of season 4, that is sucking the life out of TW and my passion for it. Not a good way to start a new season at all. But, like you, marybethp, I'm sticking with it, cause I love the characters. Except Cruz of course - I just plain want her gone. Damn Faith for not shooting her between the eyes. Which begs the question, how exactly did she miss from less than 5 feet, if she shot first? Hmmm?

Especially when Faith is a proven good shot, remember the restaraunt shootout when she emptied five bullets into that rapper guy while she was running?

That has certainly irked me from the beginning. I asked myself that very question: how could Yokas have missed so badly when she's already killed three people? (Re: bank hostage episode)

Maybe Cruz ducked before Yokas shot? I'd think that, 'veteran' as she is, Cruz would know when to duck and cover. *shrugs*

In any event, there's no problem with you coming into our conversation and adding to its amazing thought-provoking wisdom, nypd1141. On behalf of the 'veteran TWits' I welcome you to this aweshome discussion board and hope to see you around more.

In any event, it pleases me to see that, despite its current shortcomings, most'f us're still going to watch the show. That sort of loyalty is what Third Watch needs to survive.

And Nielsen boxes. I want one.

STREAMERS!

"Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by duckgirl
    Especially when Faith is a proven good shot, remember the restaraunt shootout when she emptied five bullets into that rapper guy while she was running?

That's exactly what I mean, duckgirl!!! And let's not forget that she shot that perp in the leg, when he was choking the life out of cruz. Not only was it in a dark alley, but she had to be a good 50 feet away, at the time. Damn! Faith should've just left him to it, if you ask me.

I'm almost thinking I should hold Faith personally responsible for cruz's continued existence. I mean that's twice she could've taken care of the problem. Hmmm. Here's hoping, third times the charm, when Faith is up and around and can KICK HER ASS!!! (btw, neither can happen soon enough for me).

And thanks Guardian, for the kind welcome.

regarding the Faith/Cruz shooting thing..
    What if Faith didn't shoot first?
    If Cruz shoots first- milliseconds before Yokas, that would have enough momentum to throw off Yokas's deadly aim. Then again Faith is a good cop and a she has a good heart, she wasn't aiming for a kill shot, just enough of a wound to save her own life.
    My memory is really terrible.. where was Cruz hit?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    regarding the Faith/Cruz shooting thing..
    What if Faith didn't shoot first?
    If Cruz shoots first- milliseconds before Yokas, that would have enough momentum to throw off Yokas's deadly aim. Then again Faith is a good cop and a she has a good heart, she wasn't aiming for a kill shot, just enough of a wound to save her own life.
    My memory is really terrible.. where was Cruz hit?
    Cruz was grazed in the head - she had that scratch above her temple. Yet, shot in the head, with a raging concussion, she manages to damn near kill Yokas. Uh huh. I'm buying - NOT!!!

The only thing that makes sense, Duxxy, is that cruz shot first. Unfortunately Bosco explained, to Faith, that he fired on Noble, first. Then, Faith, believing that Bosco was firing on cruz, shoots next and cruz shoots Faith, last. The thing is, there is no reason to believe that Bosco lied. And that leaves us with no reasonable explanation as to how Faith could have possibly missed. Unless, she decided, at the last second, not to go for the kill, and pulled up her gun. But considering the deadly situation they were in, I find that highly unlikely.

So color me both baffled and seriously unimpressed so far. :mad:

I dont think anyone is deliberatly lying, they do actually believe that the events happened in that order..perhaps they didnt
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

As always, EXTREMELY high tense situations make for lousy memories later. Logical portion'f anyone's brain doesn't dare attempt to digest it all 'cause'f the trauma/potential trauma (ie Faith's psycological pain; it's her brain's way of saying 'Don't think about this!'). In other words, the primal portion of anyone's brain deliberately distorts memory/recall of a traumatic experience so that the human body system can live.

Yes, more PSY mumbo-jumbo, but I also speak from experience.

So, my point is thus: since the actual episode didn't really offer us as the viewer any insight, we're left to the exp;anations of those involved. Faith's incapacitated, Cruz is on a bloodlust, Noble is dead, Bosco is the only one available.

And didn't he color it to exonerate Faith or at least try to?

So we may never know for sure. But this is what I think:

As I said earlier, maybe Cruz ducked; that'd certainly take some reflex skills, though, and as we've seen maybe she don' have those . . .

Or, like others have suggested, Faith purposely misfired/mis-aimed. This would make sense; as we've determined through her visit to the therapist Faith's feeling rather betrayed by the fact that another officer, one of her own, shot her. Dare she do the same thing? No. We as humans expect what we give; Faith wouldn't shoot another officer, so she'd expect other 'Boys in Blue' to offer her the same courtesy.
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12