+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Karen Sisco

Karen Sisco

I've been watching this and I like the overall feel to the show. There are countless cop/detective dramas out there but for some reason this one stands out. I especially like KS's dad.

I just read in the paper today it's being put on hiatus. This is why I hate watching new shows. You start to care about the show and it gets dumped so quickly. Argh!

You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

and just why is it going on hiatus? I haven't missed an episode yet!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I don't know but of course they put something totally irrelevant like a news magazine show in that time slot.

I don't get it...if the complaint is not good enough ratings, why put in something that will be worse? Or reruns?

need a lipgloss boost.. beezwax177's Avatar
    I really like this show too...

They don't give shows a chance anymore.
    Like the Thursday shows...ABC and FOX would be smart just to pick something and keep it there...nothing is going to knock CSI, Friends, etc..off of the top of the ratings heap...ditto for anything going against Law and Order...it's so stupid..
    I see the dream and I see the nightmare, and I believe you can't have the dream without the nightmare. - Tori Amos

Well they didn't show previews of next weeks show so it looks like the hiatus time has come. Now to write them a nice letter telling them that this is the only show on their network that I watch and I don't appreciate them yanking it.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

I agree, Ilikai. I can't think of anything else I watch on ABC. Oh wait, Extreme Makeover. That's pretty poor compared to say, CBS.

need a lipgloss boost.. beezwax177's Avatar
    well, it's been bumped back to March for Celebrity Mole...
    I guess we should be happy it isn't cancelled..
    I see the dream and I see the nightmare, and I believe you can't have the dream without the nightmare. - Tori Amos

First, its not on tonight cause of the Bachelor... and even though I will watch celebrety mole ( got hooked on it last year), just how many episodes are there? Must be a hell of a lot of Xmas specials coming up.

ABC cancels Karen

ABC pulls plug on "Karen Sisco"

02/07/2004

ABC has canceled "Karen Sisco," despite promises to relaunch the drama in March. Three completed episodes have not aired; it's unclear whether they'll ever see the light of day.

Based on a character from Elmore Leonard's novel "Out of Sight" (and played by Jennifer Lopez in a 1998 feature-film version of the book), "Karen Sisco" starred Carla Gugino as a federal marshal working in Miami. The series, despite a solid lead-in in "The Bachelor," regularly got creamed by "Law & Order" on Wednesday nights and averaged about 7.6 million viewers a week over its seven episodes.

When "Sisco" was first shelved in November, ABC Entertainment president Susan Lyne said it would undergo some "tweaking" to give the series more dramatic heft. Lyne said that while audiences liked the lead character, the show's laconic pace didn't grab them.

Lyne and ABC chairman Lloyd Braun continued to tout the series to TV critics in January. But sometime between then and now, the network abandoned the plan, reportedly because it was unhappy with new scripts. - From news services

you know of course that after I finish with Celebrety Mole that there isn't another show on ABC that I was watching. I was waiting for Karen Sisco to come back on. Now all I can say is that ABC is now at the top of my "list" and as far as I am concerned they can suck eggs in hell. No wonder I find myself watching cable networks more and more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast