+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tia Texada Joins NBC'S 'Third Watch'

Tia Texada Joins NBC'S 'Third Watch'

TIA TEXADA (‘NURSE BETTY’) ENLISTS AS NEW SERIES REGULAR ON NBC’S ‘THIRD WATCH’

Actress Continues in Established Recurring Role as Take-charge Member of Elite Anti-crime Unit

BURBANK, Calif. -- November 15, 2002 -- Tia Texada (“Nurse Betty,” “Glitter”) will join the regular cast of NBC’s ratings-rejuvenated drama “Third Watch” (Mondays, 9-10 p.m. ET) as she continues in her current recurring role as Sgt. Maritza Cruz, a tough-talking member of an elite, anti-crime task force.

For much of this season, Texada has frequently appeared in her role, usually opposite the unpredictable Officer Bosco (series regular Jason Wiles) when he is borrowed from street patrol.

Texada’s feature films include “Nurse Betty,” “Glitter,” “Crazy as Hell,” “13 Conversations About One Thing” and “Phone Booth.”

In addition, Texada also recurred on the HBO series “Mind of a Married Man,” and guest-starred on NBC’s “ER,” “American Embassy,” “Arli$$,” “Brooklyn South,” “NYPD Blue” and “Working.” Her theater credits include the starring role in “The Rose Tattoo” at New York’s Hudson Theater/CTG.

“Third Watch” is from John Wells Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television. John Wells, Christopher Chulack, Edward Allen Bernero and Brooke Kennedy are executive producers. Bernero and Wells are co-creators.

She must be Bosco's new girlfriend! Awesome.

A couple of pictures, for those who haven't ever seen her. She's on the left in both...First one is "Nurse Betty", second one is "13 Conversations About One Thing".

[IMG]images/user/tia_texada.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]images/user/tia_texada2.jpg[/IMG]

Yeah, she was the one with a postage-stamp sized piece of cloth covering her ass.

I guess that's it then? Eventually she just may become another face in the beginning credits?
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

If she does it will probably be more like a Fred shot in the credits- she's only there when she stars in that episode.

Ahh I see
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

+ Reply to Thread