+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10/31 "Goodbye to all that"

10/31 "Goodbye to all that"

GOODBYE TO ALL THAT
    10pm 2003-10-31

SAVIOR SULLY GETS NEW JOB GUARDING FEMALE JUDGE FROM ASSASSINS; ANN-MARGRET, MIA FARROW GUEST-STAR -- A grouchy Officer Sullivan (Skipp Sudduth) finds himself thrust on center stage when he reacts to a suspected bomb blast by pushing a noted female judge (Oscar nominee and guest star Ann-Margret, "Grumpy Old Men") out of the way but he chafes when the grateful jurist asks for him personally as her nighttime bodyguard until the would-be assassin is found. On other beats, Cruz (Tia Texada) convinces her superior officer to place her undercover again -- this time, teaming with Monroe (Nia Long) as a "masseuse" to expose a sex-for-medical-services scam. Meanwhile, Yokas (Molly Price) suffers a setback in her attempts to recover and Kim (Kim Raver) feels betrayed when she receives a written reprimand from one of her own. Jason Wiles, Anthony Ruivivar, Coby Bell, Michael Beach, Bonnie Dennison and Chris Bauer. Oscar nominee Mia Farrow ("Rosemary's Baby") guest-stars. TV-14
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Damn! I hate it when they make a character I hate sympathetic. No matter how much of a bitch she is, Cruz didn't deserve to be beaten and raped. I can't believe she didn't confide in Monroe as soon as she got out of the car! Well at least they will have the idiot's medical info.. seeing that it was a 'legit' medical expenditure
    So Yokas' injuries are psychosymatic? What's it going to take to cure her? An apology from Cruz? um yeah, that'll happen.
    One complaint.. not enough Bosco

Ah, damn, I forgot it was on.

LG.
    me too

what the hell, we need to start an email chain or something, so the TWits don't all get too distracted to watch the show. I was handing out candy to treat or treaters and then forgot that it was on.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I cheated, as soon as I heard about the schedule change I programmed the VCR to tape it every week. Fridays are really busy for us, so as least I won't miss one of my fave shows

I'm not a woman so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but if a man raped me, I would hope that I would have run out screaming, shoot the SOB! Especially someone of Cruz's tough bravado character!

But in this day and age of Kobe and such, maybe that's not such a good idea for the victim.

Chris

Hey, if y'all wanna really start some sortah mailing list where we remind fellow TWits to watch the show I'm game; I'd be willing to send it 'n' all.

In any event . . . Yes, no matter how much'f a brat Cruz is, she doesn't deserve rape. No one does; I wouldn't wish something like that on the people who made life terrible in junior high. 'S-just not cool.

Hmm . . . This may be an eentelesting story idea . . . Wheels.umx

I got lucky; I was working that night, and I gottah leave by nine-thirty so i don't pull unneeded overtime, so I got to watch my show. My mom even called work to remind me; how sweet.

In answer to your possibly rhetorical question, Duxxy . . .

Speaking from experience, yeah, apologies would certainly help, but it also helps if they're genuine. Like you said, there's no way in heck Cruz's gonna apologize fer shooting Yokas.

My Plan B was to just attempt to let the thing go entirely ('course I wasn't shot at, thank God, so . . .). I knew I could never get an apology, and I knew I'd never see these people again, so I just try to let it all behind me and concentrate on the present -- bascially, I'm probably "running away" from the situation.

That may be what Yokas does. Since Molly Price is supposedly pregnant, they're gonna have to make an ecuse for her absence for the next nine months, and I've no clue'f the writers're gonna keep up with this paralysis shtick fer that long. That, and she'll eventually start "showing," no?

Shame they didn't do what Criminal Intent did, and incorporate the pregnancy into the show. Then again, I suppose the implications of Yokas getting pregnant would raise some possibly eentelesteeng q'vestions . . .
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

Guardian, Molly Price is VERY pregnant. She is showing so much that they are only shooting her from the chest up now. If you have her hospital scenes on tape go back and have a look, there is a heck of a bump under the blankets. She will probably be in her wheelchair until after the baby is born and they might shoot around her for a couple of weeks after that.. or we get stuck with reruns bleah.
    Regarding Cruz and not screaming, the humiliation she suffered because of the physcial rape first of all would be debilitating, secondly she thinks she is invincible. She acts tough, she thinks she is tough, she talks tough. Some skinny assed, 'minority' hating, woman beater just kicked the tar out of her, before raping her. I think her pride kept her from calling for help, screaming, ranting or even crying until she was alone. Thank goodness Sasha had the wherewithal to figure it all out before Cruz took that shower.
    (even for a fictious account it still disturbed me)

Duxxy: Good point. I stand corrected.
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

+ Reply to Thread