+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 11/06 "The Greater Good"

11/06 "The Greater Good"

THE GREATER GOOD
    9:59pm 2003-11-06

DOCTORS PRATT AND KOVAC ARGUE OVER FATE OF PREMATURE BABY; EMMY WINNER BOB NEWHART GUEST-STARS -- Drs. Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) and Kovac (Goran Visnjic) clash over a miscarriage-prone young woman (Allison Smith) who arrives to deliver a premature baby -- Pratt wants to make heroic efforts to save the tiny soul while Kovac is dead-set against spending vast amounts of money to keep the child alive, but forever sickly. Elsewhere, Dr. Lewis (Sherry Stringfield) enjoys her time with a sarcastic patient (Emmy-winning guest star Bob Newhart, "Newhart") who once threatened to take his own life over his impending blindness. A distracted Kovac also runs afoul of a psychiatrist who over-medicates an abused foster child (guest star Michael Angarano) who wants to go back to his drug-addled mother. Plus, a chatty, upbeat pharmaceutical rep (as Terra, guest star Sarah Shahi) makes the rounds offering goodies, a man gets violent over an exorbitant bill and Dr. Coop (guest star Glenn Howerton) makes a romantic play for Dr. Chen (Ming-Na). Laura Innes, Alex Kingston, Maura Tierney, Paul McCrane and Parminder Nagra also star. TV-14
    Last edited by Duxxy; 10-31-2003 at 02:56 PM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Are they ripping off "Scrubs" story lines now? Didn't Heather Locklear do the pharmaceutical rep thing last season?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I guess after 10 seasons its hard to come up with new stuff LOL.

Thanks Duxxy. I missed it last night.

eldee this is for next week last night's was called out of africa

So, I still don't know what happened. Any recaps?

A very fast paced epi. I still don't know why Abby is taking crap from Romano. It's not really like her is it? He is mean and nasty and I think he's picking on her because she is doing her surgery rotation.. doing what he can no longer do. He is supposed to wait and defer to the doctor who shows up for the surgical consult.. pretty insulting for a doctor formerly of his calibre to wait for a nurse under his charge to tell him when its ok to send a patient up to surgery.
    The whole baby thing was ?? sad?? unnecessary. Pratt's newly found rose coloured glasses are clouding his view of the Big Picture. Is there anything worse than a situation where a parent does not want a child? What did he think was going to come out of saving that poor little baby? I guess he hasn't seen what neglect and loathing can do to a child ...yet. His optimism sentenced that child to a fate worse than death: being resented and unloved by his own mother.
    The new nurse's kid is a little creepy but totally hitting his developmental milestones with the ewwwey gooey stuff (yep thats the technical term) Mom was pretty quick to blame Luka for the boy not taking his inuslin shot. The boy is 9, he knows when to take his shot. Luka is essentially a good man (I wonder how close his own son would be in age to this young guy?) why wouldn't he buy the kid some icecream and have a few games of Space Invaders with him? (I know, I'm dating myself)
    Does anyone else get the feeling that Bob Newhart's character helped end his wife's suffering, causing his daughter to blame him? I wouldn't be surprised if he had been trying to take his own life. If he was willing to aid in ending his wife's suffering (pure speculation) would he hesitate to end his own? Susan is just so warm and giving, I hope nothing bad comes of this. I think Bob's character is going to ask for her help in ending his life.. the puppy and reconnecting with his estranged daughter might help to convince him that all is not lost. When Susan said last night "He's given up his life for his work" Did anyone else get the feeling that Dr. Lewis was 'looking in the mirror'. What kind of social life does she have? I love that she still steals intimate moments in the lounge with her 'ex' husband. That was one of the funniest storylines in a long time.
    I wish real doctors were more like Luka, treat 'em and street 'em, with out the unnecessary wait, tests or costs. I see our good friend Mr. Foreshadowing peeking from around the corner on this one though, Luka is going to miss something and there will be hell to pay.
    Last edited by Duxxy; 11-07-2003 at 01:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread