+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what i hate about nick.

what i hate about nick.

he can't say 'nevada' and it's annoying. it isn't nev-ah-dah. it's nevada. also he f'd up the word 'potosie' (which i prolly spelled wrong) when they did the one on the paragliding dead guy. it's not pah-TAH-see as he said it over and over and over again - it's POH-tuh-see. if he's supposed to be a long-time local, he's not pulling it off. it's annoying.

well, I'm not from vegas, but I do know that where I live there are people who have lived here their entire lives and pronounce things differently than other people who have lived here their entire lives.

Just one of those things.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I've never noticed. I guess I'm too busy looking at his other assets.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

And what fine assets they are!! We need a :leer emote LOL
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    well, I'm not from vegas, but I do know that where I live there are people who have lived here their entire lives and pronounce things differently than other people who have lived here their entire lives.

Just one of those things.
    As long as it's understandable, does it matter?

it does matter. you don't live here long without getting told how to pronounce nevada. potose i forgave instantly but nevada is a basic. i ignore it when he screws up street names and basic desert information - they get enough right really. but pronouncing nevada wrong is like living in iowa and calling it 'eee-oh-way'. how long do you live there before someone pulls you aside and tells you you sound like an idiot?

how do people in New Orleans pronounce their city?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

i dunno but if i lived there i'd sure as hell find out before saying it a lot and sounding like a nitwit heehehehehehe

I ramble...
    I grew up in NC an hour from the Appalachian mountains. In Boone, NC there is a university named Appalachian State University. Everyone I know in my hometown and anyone I knew that went to that school called it "App-uh-lah-chun." Moved to KY and here and everywhere else, people call it the Appa-lay-shun" mountains. Drives me insane, but since the Appalachian mountain range, and Trail go from Maine to Georgia, I try to ignore how people "mispronounce" it to my ears.

Nick.... sigh

he can't say 'nevada' and it's annoying. it isn't nev-ah-dah. it's nevada. also he f'd up the word 'potosie' (which i prolly spelled wrong) when they did the one on the paragliding dead guy. it's not pah-TAH-see as he said it over and over and over again - it's POH-tuh-see. if he's supposed to be a long-time local, he's not pulling it off. it's annoying.
    Ok, so you say that the wrong way to pronounce Nevada is "nev-ah-da" and the right way is "nevada." Is there really a difference between the two?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast