+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what i hate about nick.

Quote Originally Posted by oddballgeek
    http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...302EST0055.DTL

just saying. if he's pretending to be local (transplanted) he ought to learn. i also think the black guy is way sexier than nick. that guy just doesn't do it for me.
    I never thought he was pretending to be transplanted local. His backstory is (I believe) that he left Texas to get away from being compared to his dad. He hasn't been in Vegas that long - hell, I've known people who've lived in my state for 20 years and still pronounce it differently than I do. Big whoop. I'm not going to waste time "hating" an aspect of a fictional character because of it, so I'm not sure why on earth we keep coming back to the way Nick says Nevada.

Maybe..just maybe...the ACTOR can't manage to get the accent "right" to pronounce it the way you want. Maybe it has nothing to do with the character and everything to do with the actor and his particular speech patterns.

I think we "get it" by now that you don't like Nick and don't like the way he pronounces your state. Okay then. I agree Warrick is sexy too, as is Greg, the sort of Asian-looking lab guy and if I swung that way, Catherine. The show is full of eye candy, enough that you don't have to like what anyone else likes, regardless of his po-tay-to, poh-tah-to bent.

I have no idea why this whole thing is annoying me right now, but since it is, I'm outta here for a while. I think I have some pics of Nick's butt in jeans that might make me feel better.

ing incontrollably:

I think you would be doing the FORT a favour by sharing those pics missy!

"Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

woah, pink princess - lighten up. i say i hate him but it isn't like i spend time fully considering it all. it's a freaking tv show. but he bugs me and i figured out why. is it the actor or the character? frankly i don't care. and contrary to what you seem to be suggesting, i can tell the difference between the two. i dislike the actor for his lack of skills and i dislike the character for being a moralistic pain in the butt who can't say the state he lives in - and has lived in for what, three years? he's an idiot (both the actor and the character) and i find him endlessly unattractive despite his addiction to the gym. i have no idea why the whole thing annoys you either. perhaps you take things on the internet a bit to seriously?

i also hate the addiction everyone on the show has to flashlights. but i watch the damn show religiously. maybe because i'm starting to hate it so much? dunno. *shrugs*

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Gee I'll have to actually listen to what he's saying
    :sigh

FORT Newbie
    Everyone says things differently It is no big deal
    I think he is a great actor

to the FORT, DTEslinger

I just hope that Nick stays in the show, even if he *can't* pronounce something correctly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123