+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what i hate about nick.

there really is. the way dan rather says it (last time i heard him say it) is wrong. it's supposed to be a flat a in the middle. flat like in the word....'flat'. nev-aaaaahhhhh-dahhh, where the a's are like the middle one in 'garage', marks you as an outsider. the cop in the show does it too but it's a bit less pronounced than the way nick does it. *shrugs* y'all don't have to agree with me - it's why i hate nick.

it's supposed to be a flat a in the middle. flat like in the word....'flat'.
    Oh, I get it now....

Quote Originally Posted by oddballgeek
    he can't say 'nevada' and it's annoying. it isn't nev-ah-dah. it's nevada. also he f'd up the word 'potosie' (which i prolly spelled wrong) when they did the one on the paragliding dead guy. it's not pah-TAH-see as he said it over and over and over again - it's POH-tuh-see. if he's supposed to be a long-time local, he's not pulling it off. it's annoying.
    Well, I wouldn't get too upset, considering that Nick pronounces it the same way Hispanics do; considering its a Spanish word, it makes sense. Just because we Americanized it doesn't mean he has to.
    What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure. -Samuel Johnson

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Personally I could care less how he pronounces anything. But if he could do it sans shirt I'd be a lot happier.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

"Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    Personally I could care less how he pronounces anything. But if he could do it sans shirt I'd be a lot happier.
    :wipes a tear away:

I love you.

:sniff:

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    how do people in New Orleans pronounce their city?
    New "Or-lins" not "Nawlins", or "New Or- leens."

Far From the Place I Love l2hdd's Avatar

Lusting for Nick aside, my parents are from towns named after Native American tribes. Unless someone is from the area, they slaughter the names! I realize Nevada is a state but depending on what part of the country you are from, you're inflection on the syllables is going to be different. George Eads being from Austin, TX is going to pronounce it differently than say me, from southern CA.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...302EST0055.DTL

just saying. if he's pretending to be local (transplanted) he ought to learn. i also think the black guy is way sexier than nick. that guy just doesn't do it for me.

He can say what ever he wants to me, any way he wants!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast