+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1:00pm-2:00pm Hour #1

1:00pm-2:00pm Hour #1

Ok, the start of a new adventure. Let's go over what we have learned from the setup show....

1. Jack spent the last year chasing down a drug lord cause he has ties to organised worldwide terrorist groups. He has a young partner, and a new drug habit from working way undercover.

2. Kim is working for CTU now, somehow she became a puter geek. But at least she looks more grownup with the new 'do. Let's hope she acts that way...well one can always pray for a miracle.

3. Pres Palmer has his brother working as I think Chief of Staff? Not real sure. But he did survive the assasin attempt and now has a doc with him full time and the hots for the doc. Good thing the doc is female or that would really be a plot twist

4. Bad drug lords brother is going to spread a virus using some dumbass kid who is looking for fast money to pay for mom's dialasys bill.

5. Chase Edmunds is Jacks young partner, he is going to be a wild card this season. Not sure of his IQ though, he is dating Kim. Bet he is going for the twins

6. Tony and Michelle got hitched, and Tony has a job offer from Langley, another of the alphabet club.

Hour 1 wasn't bad for a setup. Show looks promising so far, let's hope that there isn't any wild animals or amnesia victims strolling around in a daze.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Premium Member
    Kim at the CTU? Talk about having to suspend disbelief!

Interviewer: "What qualifies you for this job?"

Kim: "I leave a wake of death and destruction wherever I go."

Interviewer: "You're hired!"

I could understand it if they hired her to find Saddam or something. (Hell, I could almost pity Saddam.) But if she turned up in my workplace I'd be handing in my two-minutes' notice.

This is my first season watching it live - I watched the previous ones on DVD. A week hasn't seemed this long since the days when ER was still good.

LG.
    Did they say that Tony and Michelle are hitched, or did Tony actually propose (granted, half-assedly) to Michelle when they found out that there wasn't a position for her at the CTU location where Tony has been offered a promotion, somewhere not in LA. I thought it was along the lines of "well, the don't have a job for you, but you could come along as the little lady" meaning let's get hitched if we're not going to be working together as I can't think of a law enforcement agency in the US that would allowed married people to work closely with each other.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

No, LG, they were much more subtle(or not so subtle if you are the kind of person who looks for these things, like me) and just kinda panned on both of their wedding rings with one camera shot. It was kinda corny, but both me and my roommate said "Well, I guess Tony and michelle are married"

Great opener. I was cringing when Jack pulled out the syringe, but I totally knew that Kim was going to call up to his office and force him to reconsider.

Salazar is a great villain, too. I wonder if they will be able to have Nina in this season at all??
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Wow I love this show. Killer opening ep.

One question though- and this might be a stupid one, but I just don't know- the drug that Jack is hooked on, that he was going to inject, is that heroin? Does it come all neat in a little vial like that? I always thought it was something in a powder and you burned it in a little spoon or something. Has new technology eliminated all that? Or has 24 made up some new kind of drug? Please help, so confused!
    Et in Arcadia Ego

I missed the show last night does anyone know if they are going to show it again on FX maybe?
    "Be confident in your abilities, be true to your beliefs, work hard for your benefit, accept your responsibilities, and never settle on being average."

I loved this show, but I have a question. Is Palmers doctor his lover.? I first knew something was going on when she she examining his arm in the beginning and then later on when she wanted to see him. After she insisted on taking those pills she gave him to take , and then they got very lovey dovey ,I almost feel through the floor when they kissed. I felt red signals, I think she has her own agenda with Palmer, I don't trust her.

Am I wrong? Thoughts please.

I don't know what to think about the doctor yet.

I assumed it was herion that Jack was gonna shoot up, but I hadn't thought about the fact that usually (in movies) you see people holding a spoon over a flame like SpyRI said

Kim. Uhg.

Liked the kids friend who thought he was an idiot for taking the coke over the border. He probably won't be in it again!

I hope we saw the end of Kate last night, but I guess she'll have to get Jack's jacket back to him :rolleyes. I would be SO much better in that role.

The ford commercial was so corny that I had to love it.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Tony and Michelle married...

LG, according to the official 24 site, if you look at the characters profiles, it says that Tony and Michelle are married. And it was a subtle pan of their rings when they were in his office. As for the "coming as a wife" remark, I think it was his way of saying that she was not the type to stay at home, she wanted a job too, one in the pits with him.

Sphere, from the looks of that lip lock, the Doc and Palmer are lovers. They do say there is a mole somewhere, now could that be the Doc? Will have to keep an eye on her. It would be real bad for Palmers moral if it was his brother, first his wife and then him. That sounds dumb enough that the writers would do that, and bring in Sherry Palmer cause she and bro were having a long term affair.

I assumed that it was heroin too, not being one who did in-depth research into chemical dependency... I am not sure if you can cook it before time and then use it later.

Cali, you have my vote for that role just make sure that you do more than just drool when you give him the coat.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

FORT Fogey
    That ford commericial was sooooo bad but I liked it.

Wow- this was a weird episode, you've got Jack doing drugs, the president kissing his doctor (which, quite frankly, made me want to ) Salazar stabbing his lawyer with a pen (which also made me want to )

I wasn't a big fan of the scenes with the kid who brought the coke over the border. I just think its terrible that he would do that and I know its just a TV show and all that, but still.
    Who plays Chloe, the secretary? I know her from somewhere, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Whats she from???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast