+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NBC Boots 'Boomtown', 'Coupling'

NBC Boots 'Boomtown', 'Coupling'

NBC giving boot to `Boomtown'; `Coupling' following it out door
    Advertisement

Los Angeles Times

October 22, 2003

NBC apparently has lowered the boom on "Boomtown" and will yank "Coupling" in November.

"Boomtown," which was never an audience favorite despite being hailed by critics last season, seemingly has become the first casualty of the new fall season. The drama, which aired Fridays, already has been pulled from the schedule and replaced with reruns of "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit." The series probably will not return, an NBC executive said.

The move came despite the addition of Vanessa L. Williams to the cast and a creative revamp.

Producers could not be reached for comment.

The network also has pulled the highly publicized comedy "Coupling" from the schedule during the November sweeps. The sitcom is scheduled to have its final airing Thursday before the sweeps.

Copyright 2003, Chicago Tribune
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

wow.
    I never watched either of these shows, so I guess I shouldn't be suprised.
    It just seems odd that with all the hype Coupling received they are yanking it so early.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I really enjoyed watching Boomtown, but Friday night is not a good night for it, I used to watch it on Sunday (I think) Hate it when the networks yank shows around.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread