+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tru Calling

Tru Calling

This show starts Oct 30 and stars Faith from Buffy. At the web-site you can see some of the show to see what its like. It is different, and it might be good.

tru cancellation

my 1st impression of this show

I think the show is kinda wack

2 things that annoy me about the show:

the high-speed recaps after every commercial break

the stupid sequences with her running... (she may just need a car if she's gonna save people)

she needs a cape or a utility belt maybe, that backpack chest strap thing she runs with is not working for me...

I really liked the pilot. I have high hopes. I wasn't into the quick recaps after each commercial either. Luckily, I taped it, so I just fast-forwarded through them. Also, the running is a little corny. But, I love Eliza Dushku, so there's no way I will stop watching. (Unless the show gets extremely bad)

that's exactly what i have to say about it, mike. even that i taped it and forwarded through the recapping. i loved the creepy feeling that you got from the beginning of the show. my boyfriend missed the beginning and started watching about 15-20 minutes in though, and wasn't too terribly impressed. you definitely needed to see the beginning to get the right vibe for the rest of the show.

I couldn't tape this tonight because my cable was out!!! I am so angry!

I hope the episode wasn't too good.

Last nights show had a sad ending.Tru couldnt save a fireman who asked for help in the morgue, but did save a young girl who would have died in a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Mdrio9
    I couldn't tape this tonight because my cable was out!!! I am so angry!

I hope the episode wasn't too good.
    you didn't miss much, there probably gonna do an encore presentation soon anywayz

but from what it looks like to me, the show will alwayz follow the same script each episode---> the 1st several minutes of the show starts with her dreaming out the day(we don't know she's dreaming yet!), basically she's just going through a normal day, she interacts with her bro, her friend, yada yada yada---> then basically she's at work (morgue) the bodies come in (a lil girl and a dude), then a few minutes later she hears the voices calling her--->by now she's pulling a stiff out of the fridge and then the infamous "Help Me!" and then she wakes up

basically the story was this: based on my memory...

the stiff guy turned out to be a fireman, he died in a building fire rescuing a little boy

she went and found him so that she can prevent him from dying and still save the lil boy plus the lil girl who had also died in that fire and was in the morgue with him (during this whole thing she fell in love with him)

the writers threw in some other little side stories but in the end the kids were saved but he still died

another element of the show that i notice will happen every episode is the way she sees the events (death) happening are always wrong

the good thing is that she was not running in this episode

No running! That's a plus. Can't wait for next week! Thanks for the recap.

This third episode was so good!!! I'm really getting into this show. Eliza Dushku is really great in this show. I do want to know more about how her mom got killed...what was that about the dad being helpless?

anyone have any idea how this show is doing rating wise?
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast