+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10/20 - "In Lieu of Johnson"

10/20 - "In Lieu of Johnson"

THIRD WATCH
    IN LIEU OF JOHNSON
    10-20-2003 10:00PM

DOHERTY FEELS THE HEAT AFTER NEW PROMOTION WHILE FAMOUS RAPPER HITS THE STREETS; DMX AND MIA FARROW GUEST-STAR -- The newly appointed -- but unsure -- Lieutenant Doherty (Eddie Cibrian) finds it difficult to earn his men's respect when he makes a serious mistake in training while Officer Bosco (Jason Wiles) and his new partner Monroe (Nia Long) confront an audacious rap recording star (guest star and rap star DMX) whose minions are causing havoc by beating up street vendors who sell counterfeit CDs. Elsewhere, a recuperating Yokas (Molly Price) resists her physical therapist's efforts to rehabilitate her at home, causing friction with her mother (guest star Mia Farrow, "Rosemary's Baby") and Officer Davis (Coby Bell) considers returning to his once-foresaken law studies. Chris Bauer, Bonnie Dennison, Kim Raver, Anthony Ruivivar and Skipp Sudduth star. Charles Haid ("Hill Street Blues") both directs and appears briefly as a fire captain..

*gasp* No! Davis's gottah stay! Beat-cops are okay, really!

Donnn't gohhhh! Whatever you do man!

And I just realized something: Doc is leaving pretty much, and he was the only 'black' person on the cast.

Nia Long is 'black,' and just joined.

I see a connection here.

Anyway, carry on.
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

Actually, Davis is black too...

LG.
    OOO0oooooh, Charles Haid is going to appear as the fire chief. I'll need to watch for that next week. DMX is going to play a rapper / thug. Wow, that's acting.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

LG.
    so, did Jimmy "inherit" his boss Johnson's job when Johnson died after the explosion, getting burned quite crispy, and then Doc gave him enough Morphine to put him over the top? Why would they promote Jimmy? He hardly seems like the most experienced firefighter in that house, and gosh knows there is more than one firehouse in NYC.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

"Actually, Davis is black too..." -- Duxxy

Crap! My bad!

Umm, then . . They don't have enough 'blacks' . . . Yeah, dat's it.

Yeah, sure, oh-kay den. Oh man did I fub with that one . . .

Anehvaye . . . I think most firehouses "promote within," if that makes sense. Otherwise, NBC probably wasn't interested in hiring another person to play the captain.

Otherwise, if this weren't television, they'd've probably promoted someone other than Jimmy.

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

It was a pretty good episode. I don't think Doc (Michael Beach) is going anywhere, since his name is still in the credits. They'll find a way to get him back on the streets.

It was good to see Bosco being his bad ass self going up against DMX. Any other white guy and I would say DMX wins, but since this is Bosco, I don't know!

It looks like Faith is finally going to stop feeling sorry for herself and make an effort at rehabilitation.

No Third Watch next Monday due to another lame ass awards show, but it will be returning just in time for Friday Halloween night, when everyone who watches, will be out partying (except me of course )

Chris

hey t'weren't me Guardian LOL wrong duck.

I really liked this episode. I don't keep up with rap/hiphop/whatever at all so I had no idea who this DMX guy was. (my little brother used to have a BMX, does that count? lol)
    Wow! It was really nice to see Sullivan in a good mood for once. He seems to be getting past his past. That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger (and more jaded) right?
    I think I've mentioned it before, but I'm having lots of trouble drumming up sympathy for Yokas. Its a very predictable storyline, we pretty much know what she's going to say before she says it.
    Whats up with Davis avoiding his ex like the plague? She's hot, she's self possesed, she makes him feel like a failure because he's not in the same place she is? .
    No show next week? that sucks. I hate those self-congratulatory awards shows. What a waste of an evening.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Whats up with Davis avoiding his ex like the plague? She's hot, she's self possesed, she makes him feel like a failure because he's not in the same place she is? .
    No show next week? that sucks. I hate those self-congratulatory awards shows. What a waste of an evening.
    Maybe she is hot, but what's up with women who like to cut their hair shorter than a man? That was my beef with Halle Berry, a very beautiful woman, who cut her hair real short. I just saw her on Saturday Night Live this last Saturday night and she had grown her hair real long, down to her shoulders. Finally she is realizing her full beauty.

I get so turned off by beautiful women, who look like a man, because they cut their hair so short! :mad:

Chris

Man I'm just fubbing everything up in this thread huh? Sorry Duxxy, and many thanks for the clarification.

Oh I won't be partying MrPayroll. Halloween has long since lost its charm in my eyes. I'll be right in the family room, growling at dah little chillun's who bother me during the show.

The only other time I've seen a plot-thingummer like Yoka's paralysis is in CSI, with Grissom's intermittent hearing loss.

Being a plot-sap, I'm cheering Yoaks on, heh.

In any event, I dunno about the rest'f you, but sending Davis flowers and an LSAT preparation guide wasn't what I'd consider a friendly gesture . . . But maybe that's just me. If I felt it was a friendly gesture, I'd've delivered it myself with an explanation for why I was giving it to him.

I do like what I see with Sully's Character now. He's overcoming his grief, which is aweshome. Like duxxy said, that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger. I think it's great that he's challenging Davis to take the LSAT; not that I'm particularly enthused that he's interested in the first place (stay Davis! STAY!), but if the writers need a way to show how the friensdhip between Davis and Sully has improved, I guess this's a good way to do it.

And it seems to me that this episode was the first in a while that Davis and Sully have spoken about Ty's father/Sully's partner . . .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast