+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "The Nemesis" - Episode 6 - 11/02

"The Nemesis" - Episode 6 - 11/02

SYDNEY FACES OFF WITH ALLISON - A.K.A. DOPPELGANGER FRANCIE - LAUREN COMES CLOSER TO DISCOVERING SYDNEY'S CONNECTION TO LAZAREY'S MURDER, AND SYDNEY IS ASSIGNED AS SLOANE'S CIA HANDLER, ON ABC'S "ALIAS"

Merrin Dungey Guest Stars as Allison

"The Nemesis" - Sydney's emotions are turned inside-out when she comes face-to-face with Allison -- a.k.a. doppelganger Francie -- who was presumed dead but is now a key figure in The Covenant. Meanwhile Lauren's search for Lazarey's murderer leads her closer to discovering a connection to Sydney, and Sydney begrudgingly is assigned as Sloane's CIA handler, on "Alias," SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

"Alias" stars Jennifer Garner as Sydney Bristow, Victor Garber as Jack Bristow, Ron Rifkin as Arvin Sloane, Michael Vartan as Michael Vaughn, Carl Lumbly as Marcus Dixon, Kevin Weisman as Marshall Flinkman, Melissa George as Lauren Reed, Greg Grunberg as Eric Weiss and David Anders as Mr. Sark.

Guest starring are Merrin Dungey as Allison Doren, Kurt Fuller as Lindsey, Dougald Park as Robert Lange, Zoran Radanovich as cell leader, Colin Campbell as Heinrich Strauss, Emma Bering as receptionist, Peter J. Lucas as Tupikov, Krassimir as Bulgarian cop, Alex Mapa as NSC techie and Martin Horsey as man.

"The Nemesis" was written by Crystal Nix Hines and directed by Lawrence Trilling.

"Alias" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1-channel surround sound.

Whoa! So, now Alison is extra-strong? She handled all those people by herself and managed to overturn the ambulance. The Rambaldi journal had a formula for a super-healing medicine. How come no one else knew about that? Doesn't the CIA have all the data from those pages? Also, how did Alison go from working with Sloane to working with the Covenant? I know Sloane is involved with Sydney's missing 2 years. I am so sure of that. I know he can't be working for the good guys now. I didn't realize that Sark was so set on avenging his father's death. That seemed kind of new to me. I hope they kill Alison...but I want to know why Will is in Witness Protection!

So much to know in only 60 minutes!

I liked the fact that Dixon does have a set of brass ........! He was getting so bland I hardly noticed him. What a comedown for his character since his wife died. Don't know if I like the fact of Allison's superstrength. First she could tell that Sloan was lying( superhearing ?) and then gets shot point blank and takes out her guards within 10 minutes later. I still don't like that she survived two years ago.
    Sidney's mom survived by sucking air out of the tire. Allison should be dead!
    Hope all this convoluted storytelling gets organized soon.
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

FORT Fogey
    I just want to see a whole explosion of all the pent up emotions out of all of them!

I agree techno. I hope things begin to make sense soon.

When Syd did battle with Allison I said to my daughter, "Why is it that Syndey can whop 10 ten men without breaking a sweat, but can never battle a girl-spy without a struggle?"

I *did* like the show of strength from Dixon. Marshall makes me laugh so much. I know the producers have realized that he is stealing scenes, but I hope they don't overdo (a la' the marriage proposal)

Here's my speculation:

In the next show, Syndey suffers a fatal injury. As Vaughn mourns and strokes her face, while lamenting their lost chances, we go to commerical break and see scenes from the next episode of Alias ..

Just when we think the series can't possibly be carried on Jack and Sloan's shoulders, the next show opens as Sydney blinks. Wow. I shoulda been dead. But I'm not.

Suddenly, Syd is truly invincible. In the mysterious two years she can't remember, she's been injected with the same medicine as Allison. Since no injury can touch her, she's suddenly the CIA's top operative. Which leads to even more kick-ass scenes of Syd fighting the bad guys without aplomb.

It would also negate any revelation Melissa George might make about Syd's involvement in the murder of the Russian diplomat. I can envision the scene in which she returns to the CIA triumphantly with the news, only to be deflated by the revelation that Syd is invincible.

We view lots of angst about the pros/cons of being the un-dead, and find some ancient connection between the Rimbaldi device and Ponce De Leon's Fountain of Youth. Which leads us to such exotic locations as Jacksonville, Fla.

Bleah.

I really hope the producers don't string us along till season's end for the revelation about where Syd was for two years. Or that the Bumpkin could predict all of this, this early in the season.

Not a bad supposition Bumpkin. We'll have to see if it follows.
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

Maybe Allison IS a werewolf!
    I don't like her. I'd rather they bring back Will than Francie. She's just so dull. I still see her as Boring Evil Francie. (*yawn*) It must be her voice.

I'm also not too crazy about Sloane being a double-agent for the CIA, and Syd being his handler. It's like they are recycling the story.

Hope the show gets better, because so far, the stories haven't been so great, imo.

It looks like it's all going downhill for my favorite TV show. I got the season 1 DVD set two weeks ago and I've been watching it every night. Now that was a great season. Season 3 so far has been blecch. I was excited last week when I found out that Francie/Allison was coming back but watching last night's episode - boy was that not the confrontation I envisioned. The fight they had was so bad (so dark you can't see their moves). I also think Sidney will end up being invulnerable like Allison. And Allison will end up like her arch nemesis that wouldn't die (ala what Callisto was to Xena). I always thought though that Francie's doppelganger should've been Anna from K-Directorate in season 1.

I think the absence of Lena Olin is just so palpable. She brought a certain quality (menace?) to the show whenever she's onscreen. The addition of Melissa George quite doesn't cut it (bland blonde). And I couldn't care less about Will missing. If he had a stronger pull to Ms. Bristow's heart, it would've been a great loss.

Also - they didn't use Victor Garber much in this episode and that's a crime! And how come Dixon is so pissed at Allison and yet he doesn't feel the same intense hatred with Sloane, the guy who ordered the hit on Dixon's wife?

It's just depressing how this season is going so far. I'm afraid it's the beginning of the end.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    hell, I just loved the opening scene with Sydney jogging and then Francie/Allison stomping down the hallway. earthquakes abound!!! the mountains are rockin and rollin

Jay
    Super Francie?! I hope Alias hasn't jumped the shark.

+ Reply to Thread