+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Carnivale

Carnevale

Is anyone watching this one?

I got sucked into it & I think the hour it's on flies something awfully fast, I really enjoy it & wanted to see if anyone else is watching this bizarre series
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I watch it, Wynd. But mostly in passing. I record it on my DVR every sunday eve, but dont end up watching it until Wednesday or so. I have liked it so far. Its bizarre, and kinda creepy. When the priest(Clancy Brown) grabbed onto that one businessman guy to "show him his sin" and they showed the man in the room with the young asian boy.....*shudders chillily*
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

YEah that scene was really creepy & when he whipped himself on the back afterwards to punish himself... It's creepy, a very dark series I think, but I really like it Most of all I probably like it cause it's something different, but I'm getting into the plot too & am anxious to see who that boy will turn out to be as he unravels his past & his skills

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyndemere
    Is anyone watching this one?

I got sucked into it & I think the hour it's on flies something awfully fast, I really enjoy it & wanted to see if anyone else is watching this bizarre series

I am watching this show pretty faithfully. I am so curious about how this 'good vs. evil' is going to be played out. I am captivated, and grateful to have something that makes me think! Fortunately, it is different than anything that I have seen in a long time.

This is one of those shows that, if you didn't watch it from the beginning, you're going to have a hard time catching up.

Impressive!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

And I Always have to watch every episode TWICE!! And that is not a drawback!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

[/COLOR]
    Yes, I watch it every Tuesday night (scheduled) but, the last episode was kind of weird! Like all the others but, this one - more so than the others. What the heck is Ben doing in that mine shaft? What's with those town's people - have you noticed, there were no women?!

I understood every show till that one.......

My hubby told me it's a short series - have any of you heard about that?

I noticed that there was no women, and considering how the one woman who stripped got killed it kinda makes me wonder what the carnivale guys have gotten themselves into......

i also heard there would be 12 episodes and that's it.....

I did not realize this was only a 12 ep show! But I looked on HBOs website and it confirmed that, indeed, this is a 12 episode show!

Creepy, but good. Yeah, what IS he doing in the mineshaft??
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

And WHO is the guy with the miner's hat that Ben passed? Wasn't that the guy from his recurring dream? I am so befuddled.

Well he had a pickaxe stuck in his chest, wasn't there something about a pickaxe murderer mentioned earlier in the episode?

Was a good thing though so poor Ben wouldnt be stumbling about in the dark if his lighter went out (I was waiting for that to happen lol)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast