+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Carnivale

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    'Bout the only thing I could find was on a fansite saying that the creator had an hbo.com interview saying that he hoped for 3 seasons. An interview I can't find, btw. LOL (my searching skills are poor)

I'm hoping for more, because I don't think we're going to get all the answers in the next two episodes.

-Randy

Yes seems there are way too many loose threads to wrap it up in 2 episodes... I'm happy to see that there may be 3 seasons (at least) cause I just love this show :-)
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Where you been, Wynd?? I havent seen you post in this thread in a good while?

Welcome back, anyway.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Wouldn't it be odd if the two kids in Justin's dream turns out to be Ben & Sophie, & not Justin & his sister like we thought...

This series is driving me nuts... lol

Wyn

(PS I've been around, I've just been catching the later airing of Carnivale lately & didn't want to read in here in case there were spoilers in any of the posts hehe Not that there would be easier to draw any conclusions or anything .... :-))

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I tend to want to agree that Ben and Sophie may be brother and sister..........but didn't they have sex in an earlier episode???

Also, does anyone else remember Samson saying to Ben, "When are you gonna hurry up and get born?" That strange question has just stuck in my mind.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Maybe it's just me gettin' old, but they could lighten up a bit on the explicit sex.

Still a great show, though.

-Randy

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarSpur
    Maybe it's just me gettin' old, but they could lighten up a bit on the explicit sex.

Still a great show, though.

-Randy
    Personally, I see the sex, not as gratuitous, but having a significant role in the telling of the story. We are getting a deep look into how the writer(s) think these people lived.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

phroshay, I agree that the majority of the sex is not gratuitous.

I just think they stepped over the line, needlessly imho, with the scene between Sofie and Libby. I know my wife and two adult daughters weren't particularly thrilled with it.

Looking forward to the season finale next Sunday even though it seems like we're not going to get too many answers.

-Randy

Also, does anyone else remember Samson saying to Ben, "When are you gonna hurry up and get born?" That strange question has just stuck in my mind.
    That was a funny quote, but I wonder if he meant "being born" as in finding out who he is & what he is made from, more like in being "reborn"... who knows, at this point I figure anything is possible.

It was kinda shocking to find out that Justin's sis was responsible for the fire... and now I just wonder, was it HIM possessing her to do that, just like he's been possessing people lately or was it really her?

I hope they run plenty of reruns of this show before next season, after seeing the last episode I'd certainly like to see everything again now that I kind of know where everything is going (up till this point that is. there's no predicting where things are going really.... )

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndemere
    That was a funny quote, but I wonder if he meant "being born" as in finding out who he is & what he is made from, more like in being "reborn"... who knows, at this point I figure anything is possible.

It was kinda shocking to find out that Justin's sis was responsible for the fire... and now I just wonder, was it HIM possessing her to do that, just like he's been possessing people lately or was it really her?

I hope they run plenty of reruns of this show before next season, after seeing the last episode I'd certainly like to see everything again now that I kind of know where everything is going (up till this point that is. there's no predicting where things are going really.... )

OK, Wynde, now I didn't pick up on Justin's sister being responsible for the fire.......you've just given me more to agonize over in the "Im confused" arena! Tell me exactly how you know that. Help a friend out!!!!

+ Reply to Thread