+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Carnivale

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyndemere
    I'm kinda puzzled at the bar tender to....if he was the only living person in Babylon, why didn't he get out of there a long time ago? It didnt seem like a very cozy place to live & his profits were definitely not so high....
    Wasn't the bartender on his way out of the town when the carnival was arriving?? But then there he is, back at the bar. He didn't ask the carnival people for any help, either..........hmmmmmmmmm.... ........for some reason, he couldn't leave.

I've decided that all of the men died in the mine, and that's why we don't see any women.

Just throwing things out there! Somebody help me!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Do you think the bartender was really dead after all? lol ...
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndemere
    I'm kinda puzzled at the bar tender to....if he was the only living person in Babylon, why didn't he get out of there a long time ago? It didnt seem like a very cozy place to live & his profits were definitely not so high...

As for Scudder, I think the one dark haired lady (forgot her name now) showed Ben a picture of him in an earlier episode and yeah I think he's his father but it hasn't been confirmed.

Is Father Justin & Ben supposed to cross paths somehow? I'm kind of intrigued by the priest as well, I just wonder where his story fits into all this...

Exciting stuff, I love it Cant wait for Sunday.
    And, now, I can see the evil side starting to come into play............Preacher Justin is the son of an evil Preacher father...........and the children are Russian immigrants......and WHOSE neck did Justin break? Because it showed athe child breaking Justin's neck..........Somebody help me!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

and the children are Justin and his sister.........

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay
    and the children are Justin and his sister.........
    did Justin break his father's neck????

Hmmm....I am thinking that the whole kids w/brother Justin was kind of a "dream sequence" type thing. Justin was recalling his youth and Iris was telling the story of what happened to them. Their train crashed when they were young. The kids were the only survivors...save one man that kept pleading for their help. When he grabbed Iris, Justin used his "power" to snap his neck. Maybe it was their father, but that wasnt apparent yet.

curiouser and curiouser.....
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Carnivale

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

And, I'm still wondering what the whole "schpeel" about Babylon was all about...yeah so, it's a ghost town....is that the strangest thing they could think of? I'm sorry - I was expecting a much bigger event to be happening there - like perhaps more details on Ben and his past and powers.

I also can't help but imagine had Ben not been lost in the mine shaft, if he would have brought the girl back to life (sorry - forgot her name).

As for Brother Justin - I'm wondering if the power he has is evil and he was scared from a young child to be good that it was suppressed - and now it's coming back in full force. And Ben will be the one to "fight" him. That would be an interesting twist - an "evil" preacher....

What do you think will happen when Brother Justin and Ben meet? What will be their fight? Friends or foe? That's what I'm looking forward to!

In this show, I'm taking nothing at 'face value'. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that Ben and Justin are, somehow, related. But, then again, nothing would surprise me with this show.

I am befuddled!

My hubby's on the same track - he thinks that Justin is perhaps Ben's father.

I kinda think that the mystery boss is perhaps Ben's father........only four more episodes to go! We'll soon find out!

Yeah I was thinking that the priest will turn out to be Ben's father... but who knows....it's so frustrating, there are all these hints everywhere, all these red herrings to drive ya crazy ..... lol.

And what about the blind guy, what's his relation with all this?

It'll be really interesting to see how they tie this all together, I'm sure we wont know anything until last episode..... :-)
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

+ Reply to Thread