+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 252

Thread: Carnivale

  1. #11
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyndemere
    Well he had a pickaxe stuck in his chest, wasn't there something about a pickaxe murderer mentioned earlier in the episode?

    Was a good thing though so poor Ben wouldnt be stumbling about in the dark if his lighter went out (I was waiting for that to happen lol)
    I think you're talking about the dead guy......I'm talking about the person who passed him in the tunnel! He turned around and looked at him and then kept going. ??????????????????
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  2. #12
    Glad 4 Vlad! :) Tigrazhia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Good ole I.E, Southern California.
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,521
    oh yeah lol, that guy was really odd too. I was afraid he might've been the pick axe murderer for a moment there, not sure what he was doing down there. Maybe he lives there? The mine seemed to be more or less deserted?
    Funny too he didnt give Ben the time of day, as if it was a normal thing coming across people who stumble about down there.

    Cant wait for next episode (Right now I really hope they find a way to continue the series after the original 12 cause im really enjoying it )
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

  3. #13
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyndemere
    oh yeah lol, that guy was really odd too. I was afraid he might've been the pick axe murderer for a moment there, not sure what he was doing down there. Maybe he lives there? The mine seemed to be more or less deserted?
    Funny too he didnt give Ben the time of day, as if it was a normal thing coming across people who stumble about down there.

    Cant wait for next episode (Right now I really hope they find a way to continue the series after the original 12 cause im really enjoying it )

    I'm with you!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  4. #14
    Can They Do It?? mrdobolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    The Miami of Canada
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,254
    So....all the residents(besides the guy that was killed last night) of Babylon are trapped souls/ghosts?? Is that what that was all about? It sounds to me like it is. The bartender just wanted to be taken out of the "well of souls" it seems like, before he was killed and trapped there forever.

    It all kinda makes sense, but doesnt. It leaves me wanting to know more.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

    It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

  5. #15
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,181
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    So....all the residents(besides the guy that was killed last night) of Babylon are trapped souls/ghosts?? Is that what that was all about? It sounds to me like it is. The bartender just wanted to be taken out of the "well of souls" it seems like, before he was killed and trapped there forever.

    It all kinda makes sense, but doesnt. It leaves me wanting to know more.

    That's what I got out of the show. But why are there only men? And it sounds like the guy couldn't leave the "well of souls" on his own, unless he was taken there.

    I am so glad we are all confused with this wonderful show!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  6. #16
    Can They Do It?? mrdobolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    The Miami of Canada
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,254
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay
    That's what I got out of the show. But why are there only men? And it sounds like the guy couldn't leave the "well of souls" on his own, unless he was taken there.
    Oh yeah!!! He was looking to get a ride out of town on last weeks ep, wasn't he?? How was it that Scudder was able to leave?? I wonder if it was the Carnivale that enabled him to leave in the first place??

    I can imagine that it was only men there because it was originally set up as a company town, and they just hired a mess of men to work in the mines. Perhaps..... We will know more next week!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

    It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

  7. #17
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,181
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    Oh yeah!!! He was looking to get a ride out of town on last weeks ep, wasn't he?? How was it that Scudder was able to leave?? I wonder if it was the Carnivale that enabled him to leave in the first place??

    I can imagine that it was only men there because it was originally set up as a company town, and they just hired a mess of men to work in the mines. Perhaps..... We will know more next week!
    OK, so I kind of got lost on the Scudder story, but I do know that Scudder is supposed to be his father, and so help connect me, please
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  8. #18
    Can They Do It?? mrdobolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    The Miami of Canada
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,254
    I don't know much about Scudder either. Other than the fact that he is PERHAPS that kids father(I dont think it has been confirmed yet??) and that a bunch of people from the carnivale know him too. I think there have been a few pictures of Scudder too.

    Its all a big jumble of details that I can't quite put together yet!!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

    It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

  9. #19
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,181
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    I don't know much about Scudder either. Other than the fact that he is PERHAPS that kids father(I dont think it has been confirmed yet??) and that a bunch of people from the carnivale know him too. I think there have been a few pictures of Scudder too.

    Its all a big jumble of details that I can't quite put together yet!!

    And did you notice Dora Mae, the girl who was murdered, at the window of the dance hall watching Samson as he left?? Then one of the men came and led her away from the window!! One of the men had said that they just wanted someone to dance with! I'd say you are on the right track about the "well of souls". Looks like if you die there, you stay there.

    I Can't Get Enough Of This Show!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  10. #20
    Glad 4 Vlad! :) Tigrazhia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Good ole I.E, Southern California.
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,521
    I'm kinda puzzled at the bar tender to....if he was the only living person in Babylon, why didn't he get out of there a long time ago? It didnt seem like a very cozy place to live & his profits were definitely not so high...

    As for Scudder, I think the one dark haired lady (forgot her name now) showed Ben a picture of him in an earlier episode and yeah I think he's his father but it hasn't been confirmed.

    Is Father Justin & Ben supposed to cross paths somehow? I'm kind of intrigued by the priest as well, I just wonder where his story fits into all this...

    Exciting stuff, I love it Cant wait for Sunday.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.