+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 108 FirstFirst ... 48888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Like Tree212Likes

Thread: Navy NCIS

Re: Navy NCIS

Quote Originally Posted by LindaL100 View Post
    Some people on the IMDB boards had mentioned that David McCallum has signed on for season 15, so I don't think Ducky would be retiring anytime soon.
    Unfortunately, more than one article online confirms that David McCallum will not be back for next season. He made the announcement shortly after Gary Glasberg's sudden death in the fall of 2016. The writers then decided to begin writing to work his departure into the script since David's announcement. I think the episode with Dr Palmer on the ledge where he reveals he passed the third time testing, was a first step preparing for Ducky's departure. I'm sorry for the bad news.

I think IMDB like Wikipedia, is edited by members. Maybe there was a lot of wishful thinking in the reporting....
    Brooks likes this.
    When you canít control whatís happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to whatís happening. Thatís where your power is.

They also revealed in script that Jimmy is a Medical Doctor. I don't remember ever hearing that on the show before. Even when he filled in while Ducky recovered from his heart attack, it was not noted. I agree that they are in transition form.
    Brooks likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl View Post
    Unfortunately, more than one article online confirms that David McCallum will not be back for next season. He made the announcement shortly after Gary Glasberg's sudden death in the fall of 2016. The writers then decided to begin writing to work his departure into the script since David's announcement. I think the episode with Dr Palmer on the ledge where he reveals he passed the third time testing, was a first step preparing for Ducky's departure. I'm sorry for the bad news.

I think IMDB like Wikipedia, is edited by members. Maybe there was a lot of wishful thinking in the reporting....
    Before Gary Glasberg died, there were news confirming that David McCallum had already signed a new contract to appear in season 15, which is why some people believed he will return for the next season. And some people still believe so even despite many recent rumors circulating around claiming that McCallum is leaving following Glasberg's recent death. But I have read several articles that states that the actor himself has denied those rumors, and allegedly has said that he will stay on the show for as long as his health permits, or unless he be dismissed, which is very unlikely. If ever McCallum were to leave the show it would be on his own accord. Here are just 2 articles I found that have stated that those rumors of him leaving are false:

?NCIS? Season 14 Cancellation News: Will Tony DiNozzo?s Return Help The Show? Donald 'Ducky' Mallard Leaving Too? ` : Daddy : Parent Herald
    'NCIS' Season 14 Cancellation Update: David McCallum and Mark Harmon Will Be Leaving The Show? : Trending News : Jobs & Hire

but I don't know just how creditable these sources are so I'm taking everything with a grain of salt, if McCallum had indeed already signed a new contract to appear in the next season, then he would have no choice but to come back since he would be contractually obligated to return for S15, but they could always reduce his workload for next season considering McCallum's health.
    I suppose we will just have to wait and see what happens to be sure, because there's A LOT of rumors and speculation about this show in these past several months ever since Michael Weatherly left, there are even some recent rumors claiming that the show is "cancelled" even though CBS has already renewed it for S15, and there are also some speculations claiming that Mark Harmon himself might even leave after S14. So everything just seems up in the air at the moment, it's better to just wait and see what happens.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I don't think that McCallum is in very good health, or at least that he's concerned about it. He may want to work as long as he can but that could change abruptly. Harmon might also be having issues.

The young Ducky looks a lot like Ilya, which growing up as an Ilya fan (more so than Napoleon), I appreciate!
    Oh yes, Illya Kuryakin was just dreamy, way more than Solo.

I think they are sort of doing what they did on NCIS LA with Miguel Ferrer. They knew it was coming and had several scenes in place for when it happened (the way I understand it). I will miss Ducky when he is gone and I already miss Granger (Miguel).
    Moontat likes this.

I just watched last week's episode "Nonstop" and I think it was such a boring and dismal ep compared to the previous ep "Keep Going", and the case/crime and killer of the week were so predictable, and the killer's motive was just so cliche, I knew the husband did it the first moment I saw him. The ep was so disappointing, I hope the next ep would be better.
    Mike'sgirl likes this.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

Glasberg is still listed as a producer and he died last September. I believe he did much of the writing. Maybe the newer writers aren't up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Glasberg is still listed as a producer and he died last September. I believe he did much of the writing. Maybe the newer writers aren't up to it.
    No I don't think that's the problem, according to what's stated on this show's wikipedia page, Glasberg only wrote a few episodes per season, most of the eps were still written by other writers, furthermore most of the writers on this show have been working on NCIS for years. I think the problem is perhaps more to do with the new direction under the new producers, or simply because it was just a bad ep. I suppose every season is bound to have good eps and bad eps, and unfortunately last week's ep was a bad one.

I liked it. I haven't been disappointed yet.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

It kept my attention, but I don't enjoy overlapping with NCIS New Orleans, with a Bull episode in between them. I don't watch Bull, so that means I have to remember to return to the network when that show ends, so that I can watch the resolution of the NCIS episode watched earlier. I enjoy NCIS New Orleans, but am not as devoted of a fan as I am to NCIS, so the continuation of the show into that one is at least better for me than having to wait the following week for a show that is "To Be Continued...."

All in all, I thought the Abbie and Home Security episode was a good one, but not as good as some of the earlier seasons. But, considering how long this show has been on the air; it was great, because I have know idea how they manage to come up with new story lines each week. Still a big fan of NCIS and all of the new characters too!
    Arielflies likes this.
    When you canít control whatís happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to whatís happening. Thatís where your power is.

NCIS:LA is getting the shaft with long delays between shows and I keep hoping for a cross-over with NCIS. I would love to see Hetty and Gibbs in a stare-down.
    Mike'sgirl, JLuvs, Moontat and 1 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread