+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3474757677787980818283848586 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Navy NCIS

Re: Navy NCIS

One thing I love about the acting profession is that you can do it at all ages and leave a mark. Just watched an old Bones episode where Ralph Waite played Booth Seeley's grandfather.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I don't know if I've ever been in this thread, but faithfully watch NCIS.

I was saddened to hear about Ralph Waite's passing and Bearcata I saw that "Bones" episode as well. He also played Father Matt on the soap DOOL. He will so missed and I'm sure NCIS will do a show about him since he was the father of Gibbs.

I watched The Waltons and fondly remember that show and his role of father to all the children and husband to Olivia. Goodnight "Daddy".

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

There was a repeat episode on last night that my hubby was watching. I military plan goes down, the body of the pilot washing up on shore with a bullet hole in his head. Turns out the son of the pilot has some kind of genetic disease that causes tumors.

Anyway . . . . . there's a moment where the wife of pilot/mom of sick child is talking to Gibbs. The question of her husband possibly having committed suicide is brought up. She is adamant that he wouldn't do that because their little boy worshiped his Dad and a FATHER (she emphasizes the word) wouldn't take that away. There's a moment when the camera focuses on Gibbs face and you see a flicker of emotion as he thinks about her comment.

I'm sitting there watching and thinking that I am gonna need a box of tissues when NCIS addresses the passing of Papa Gibbs. A big box!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

'NCIS' season finale to address passing of Ralph Waite | Inside TV | EW.com

It pretty much doesn't matter HOW they address it . . . . if Mark Harmon gets emotional, I will cry.
    Brooks likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Wiki says he died at 85 from "age-related illnesses". I would think some consideration would be given to an actor his age, and perhaps in a known health status, to make sure the overall plot didn't suffer from lack of continuity. I kind of thought there was some closure as of the last episode - I believe that was the one where Gibbs' dad wanted Gibbs to see a WWII friend so Gibbs' dad could tell his friend that good did come out of their respective survival, meaning all the ingredient good that his dear son Jethro had done.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

That was a repeat (it aired during a marathon on USA yesterday) but I thought the same thing...that it was a lead in to saying good-bye. Perhaps his childhood friend (on the show) Billy Dee Williams will make an appearance. However they do this, it will be with class and I will cry throughout, I'm sure.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I can't believe I missed tonight's episode! I guess I will just have to wait until CBS allows me to watch it on my iPad in two weeks. I really thought tonight was a repeat.... I need to pay closer attention to shows returning.
    By any chance did they dedicate the episode to Ralph Waite?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I didn't see any dedication to Waite. I believe the last episode of the season, in May, is for him.

Gibbs absolutely rocks! The last scene with Jimmy was so touching. Gibbs has been a father to everyone. I'll probably be bawling through the Ralph Waite dedication.

Finally Tony gets to do something other than playing Bishop's patient older brother. "It only has three chords!!" was my favorite line of the night. Is Tony's ability to play the guitar something we've known about? And is it something the actor could pull off?

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

He played "bad" guitar once when he was undercover as a street musician during Jen's reign.
    Brooks likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread