+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 87 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Navy NCIS

Well, I'm done with this show. Can't stand Lauren Holly. And I hate that they've made Gibbs' new boss a former love interest. Blech. Kate made a cool ghost though.

Somebody PM me if they kill Lauren Holly off, OK? Thanks.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Q - I agree I hate Lauren Holly. But I have to keep watching...at least for a bit. Hopefully she'll be soon to go! Ugh.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Not a big Lauren Holly fan either Hopefully, we won't see her very much.

Kate did make an awesome ghost and I loved the scenes with GhostKate and Abby. Paulie Perrett is so good in that role. She had me in tears.

When Ducky was getting ready to do Kate's autopsy and he said "Oh Katelyn" (sp?), I just lost it.

Since CBS has early prime time where I live, the show is on at 7 - I'll probably keep watching because there's nothing else on against it ... as long as we don't have to sit through some love story between Gibbs and Lauren Holly's character.

So is the Israeli agent a double agent or what? I guess I missed some of the episode. Did they explain whether she is playing Ari or do they know that she's in contact with him?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Critical - she is definitely in contact with him, in fact she fears for his safety and warned him to be careful; this took place just a few feet from Tony and Gibbs. Very brazen. I think Ari has mesmerized her, and she may be in love with him.

I want Kate back and everything normal again.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Oh, good, it's not just me. I cannot stand Lauren Holly. I was hoping that she'd disappear into the background much like the other director. Maybe she will after this story arch is over. I thought it was disingenuous writing to have Gibbs be damn near flirting with her ("what about outside the office?") during the investigation of Kate's murder. I'd see that from Tony, but never Gibbs. Someone should have slapped him (or, really, the writer) in the back of the head.

Critical, ITA about the GhostKate/Abby scene & the Ducky scene--and I *never* tear up at TV shows.

I'm going to keep watching the show, because I really like most of the characters (I would have said 'all' but for that Lauren Holly AND her character). But if they off someone else I like this season, well, I'll probably be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl
    Critical - she is definitely in contact with him, in fact she fears for his safety and warned him to be careful; this took place just a few feet from Tony and Gibbs. Very brazen. I think Ari has mesmerized her, and she may be in love with him.

I want Kate back and everything normal again.
    I saw the part where she was talking to Ari - I was asking if anyone at NCIS knew she was in contact with Ari. Is she working as a double agent for NCIS or is she just working with Ari to bring down Gibbs and his team?

PhoneGrrrl - I don't want them to kill off anyone else either. Losing anyone else would really throw off the show - especially Gibbs, Abby or Tony.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey
    Having it turn out that Ari was her half-brother was a nice twist at the end. Unlike most here I like Lauren Holly. The only character I haven't like since almost the beginning is Tony but he was tolerable when Kate was around. Now he's just annoying.

FORT Fogey
    I wasn't a big Kate fan, nor a big fan of this show, I watch it from time to time, and I missed the season premiere, so don't know about the ghost or old love interest stuff, but I have to say I'm not much interested in watching it if Lauren Holly is a new cast member. I've never liked that woman and her acting is less than impressive, if you ask me.

Oh well, guess I didn't miss anything...

Hello all,

I've always liked NCIS and been watching from the beginning. I was shocked when Kate got killed and couldn't wait to see Gibbs' revenge. It was a bit anti-climatic that he didn't get to kill Ari himself or that Ari died on impact, without realising he was dying.

One thing I'm still looking forward to though is that their team is still incomplete. They brought in a new boss in Lauren Holly, but someone needs to replace Kate in the team...anybody knows who?

Pierre

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler
    Having it turn out that Ari was her half-brother was a nice twist at the end. Unlike most here I like Lauren Holly. The only character I haven't like since almost the beginning is Tony but he was tolerable when Kate was around. Now he's just annoying.
    I agree with you. Tony drives me nuts. He is just way too over the top with his immaturity.

+ Reply to Thread