+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 87 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Navy NCIS

Re: Navy NCIS

I'm losing track. Is this the season where everyone resolves childhood issues with their dads? Seems to be a theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Season 5 episode name Dog Tags. Dog's name is Jethro and yes Tim took him.
    Could the dog have been too much with Tim's "schedule" and he found it another home ... or perhaps Jethro the dog has gone to Rainbow Bridge.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Was looking forward to seeing McGee's dad and a McGee centric episode. Well, I was disappointed, I felt the episode fell rather flat.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Yeah, I just didn't get the writing with McGee's dad. The thing about NCIS is they sometimes throw continuity/reality out the door. Tim is a successful Special Agent and made buckets of cash on his novel, and his father thinks he's just a paper pusher? And his father is an Admiral in the Navy and doesn't get what NCIS does? Hardly possible or plausible. Yet, I did like the Gibbs/McGee exchanges about the Big Brother program (and veiled father/son talk). That part felt true to the characters.

I could easily see his father thinking he was just a paper pusher. After all, my mom is still surprised when she finds food in my refrigerator when she comes to visit ;-) (She and my dad visited me when I was 22...the only things in my fridge were beer, cigarettes, and soda. At the time, I was working at a resort in the Poconos and ate all my meals there, so we didn't have a big need for food in the house. But more than 30 years later, she is just amazed to find a well-stocked fridge.)

But yeah, the part about an Admiral not knowing what NCIS does? That was a bit weird. Then again, it probably was along the same lines...if he never had to use NCIS or really knew anyone who did, then they are just another "group" as far as he's concerned.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

McGee now has a dog and a Little Brother (fellow geek!,,did he ask for that I wonder?), one of these days maybe he'll get a serious girlfriend...not that anyone in this group is allowed to have a significant other that lasts... unless you count Tony and Ziva's eventual uniting....

Wasn't McGee going out with Abby for a bit? What happened to that? I only watch erratically so I miss some of the continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Yeah, I just didn't get the writing with McGee's dad. The thing about NCIS is they sometimes throw continuity/reality out the door. Tim is a successful Special Agent and made buckets of cash on his novel, and his father thinks he's just a paper pusher? And his father is an Admiral in the Navy and doesn't get what NCIS does? Hardly possible or plausible. Yet, I did like the Gibbs/McGee exchanges about the Big Brother program (and veiled father/son talk). That part felt true to the characters.
    Yeah, and I think he wrote several books and then the market crashed a couple of years ago and I think the show indicated he lost most of his cash. Also I don't know if he continued writing after the others got upset about his using them as his inspiration. Still the lack of continuity is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Was looking forward to seeing McGee's dad and a McGee centric episode. Well, I was disappointed, I felt the episode fell rather flat.
    I was too, as the three previous episodes were quite enjoyable.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I didn't care for it much either. Was it perhaps a reflection of the writer for that episode?

Something else I didn't care for was Jimmy's goofiness. I thought he had largely outgrown it. There wasn't any call for it.

And there was no answer for how the admiral's aide would have been capable of accurately hitting the carotid since no one else could.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I didn't care for it much either. Was it perhaps a reflection of the writer for that episode?

Something else I didn't care for was Jimmy's goofiness. I thought he had largely outgrown it. There wasn't any call for it.

And there was no answer for how the admiral's aide would have been capable of accurately hitting the carotid since no one else could.
    Well when they were checking out his background it said that he had been on special ops team (read Navy Seals) and therefore must have superior hand eye coordination as well as being taught by a master jedi so could do all sorts of things us mere mortals can only dream about.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

+ Reply to Thread