+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 86 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Navy NCIS

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    Oh well. Thanks for the confirmation I've probably intentionally overlooked to this point, beth.

I wish they'd have written her up as a less than attractive character to prep us for her departure.
    I know what you mean. I wasn't prepared at all for her departure, and I just can't imagine how they are going to just pick up the pieces and move on. Her character and her chemistry with Tony were a central part of the show. Her leaving really changes everything.

Quote Originally Posted by bethw12000
    I know what you mean. I wasn't prepared at all for her departure, and I just can't imagine how they are going to just pick up the pieces and move on. Her character and her chemistry with Tony were a central part of the show. Her leaving really changes everything.
    Yes it does, or at least I believe it ought to.

Not to honor Sasha, or erect a shrine for Kate, but bringing in a too similar character would be nothing more than a lazily pale imitation from a show I've grown to expect more from.

'You know you're attached when:' I found myself napping, crafting FORT responses to this and other shows while snoozing. Generally that overlap happens during darkness sleep sessions.

I figure the could, maybe should bring aboard someone radically different at first glance. Maybe a male version of Abby or a slightly(?) effeminate guy. You're going to end up getting close to those you get shot at with and rely on to provide you with cover when not sharing their smarts, why not someone that will drive Gibbs wacko to the point of planning on firing them only to realize he or she has bewcome indespensable?

I figure Tony's character is going to alter significantly in Kate's absence. That interaction shouldn't carry over to a new woman, particularly lacking some awkward readjustment.

Declare Your Independence Passepartout's Avatar
    Wonder who they will replace since Sasha left?
    Nudge Nudge Wink Wink!

Quote Originally Posted by Passepartout
    Wonder who they will replace since Sasha left?
    spoilerfix mentioned a possiblity, but I think it is just rumured at this time -
    Click to see Spoiler:
    that someone named Vivianne Lee may come in as a Royal Australian Navy character, and from her first moment in the office "mixes it up with Tony" (whatever that means). She is in the US to track down Ari and oh yes, she is not afraid of Gibbs and let's him know it.

They also mentioned,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    NCIS Director Morrow (Alan Dale) is being replaced by a new female Director, who has a bit of a history with Gibbs. Gibbs is after Ari (who will appear in the new season) with a vengeance.

FORT Fan
    This was in today's TV Guide entertainment news:

Click to see Spoiler:

As reported in this week's TV Guide magazine (and hinted at in Ask Ausiello), NCIS has recruited Lauren Holly (Picket Fences) to join the cast as Mark Harmon's boss/love interest. She'll debut in this season's first episode

Read today that the new season starts September 20th. WooHoo

FORT Fan
    Spoiler:
    Click to see Spoiler:

Kirsten's column yesterday said that Sasha is back for the first episode as a ghost.

I wonder if they are starting off where they left off or will it be a few months later?

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I saw the promo for the new episode today, and it looks great. I can't wait!

FORT Fogey
    The new characters should add some spark to an already good show.

+ Reply to Thread