+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 86 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Navy NCIS

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Well, I'm really going to miss Kate. But that was seriously one of the best death scenes ever.
    Shocking but great! My head kept saying, even to the last second- that it would be Tony, because I never imagined them killing off Kate like that. They definitely got me on that one!
    I haven't read anywhere why she wanted off, can't help but wonder if it was because she didn't like that they almost killed off Tony, and thought the show was changing and starting to compete with all the other shows killing off regulars? Maybe she was given better offers?

I jumped off the couch and stomped around with my hand clamped over my mouth - Kate, Kate, Kate...I had read the TV Guide article and had heard that one of the regulars would be killed off - but Kate? The producers/writers led us on a merry clue chase, though. Tony weakened by his brush with the plague running from a bomb, Gibbs sitting at a primed table, McGee ducking bullets that seemed to come from everywhere...the roof top with bullets flying...Kate surviving the bullet to the chest and then...Ari really knows how to make a statement.

P.S. I'm glad to read that "Kate" wanted to leave - makes her death a little easier to take. The others - including Abby and her farting hippo - are too precious to lose.

P.P.S. I also wondered what they would do with the Kate/Tony story arc - it seemed more than a little played out.

When does next season start?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Okay, I need some help because I think I watched an important episode out of sequence once when my satellite messed up due to weather and I had to catch it in rerun at a later time and I missed a little bit of the middle of this finale episode when my kids were screaming.

I'm confused by Ari. If he really is indeed not a double agent, but the leader of a terrorist cell, why didn't he kill Kate when he kidnapped her that one episode? And why did he instead kill members of his own team? (and why did he help thwart the plans to shoot down Marine 1?)
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I don't believe the answers you seek are incorporated in the script, BravoFan, even though I'm certain I've probably overlooked a thing or three.

My take on explaining those sort of inconsistencies is that as a double agent, Ari has had to give something to both sides on an ongoing basis to maintain his credibility. There are any number of reasons one could work both sides, whoring ones integrity for a few (literally) bucks probably being most common, but I imagine Ari as having a personal goal he's been working toward, and I see his alternately sticking it to one side or another at any given moment as being tied to his positioning himself for his ultimate goal.

As twisted as his U.S. handlers have been in aiding and hiding him, I can envision Kate's death possibly being what some backroom type deemed a sacrifice necessary for a greater reward down the line. Ari is murky enough and some of our good guys slimy enough that he might still be working more for us than the terrorist types.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Well, I'm really going to miss Kate. But that was seriously one of the best death scenes ever.

Totally agree. I was really shocked. I am guessing that they will have to bring in another female to counter denozo and mcgee....i will really miss kate - she added to what i consider one of the best written shows and cast dynamics on TV right now.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    to annimal.

LC, I'm sure you're right (about it not being in the script). Maybe I'll have to watch some of the reruns, but for some reason I just figured I missed something huge.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

need a lipgloss boost.. beezwax177's Avatar
    Has a replacement been hired yet? I would think it is almost time to start production back up?!
    I see the dream and I see the nightmare, and I believe you can't have the dream without the nightmare. - Tori Amos

I'm still hoping Kate's demise was all smoke and mirrors. What a foolish person I am, but this has been my favorite cast and it irritates me every time I see another great repeat thinking they'd actually off Kate.

The more I think about it the likelier it seems she'll return. If they were going to get rid of her they should have done it the previous episode allowing for a cliffhanging season finale while they appeared to close in on her killer.

"Never say die": My clueless motto until the new season opener.
    Last edited by Leftcoaster; 07-29-2005 at 01:36 AM.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    I'm still hoping Kate's demise was all smoke and mirrors. What a foolish person I am, but this has been my favorite cast and it irritates me every time I see another great repeat thinking they'd actually off Kate.

The more I think about it the likelier it seems she'll return. If they were going to get rid of her they should have done it the previous episode allowing for a cliffhanging season finale while they appeared to close in on her killer.

"Never say die": My clueless motto until the new season opener.

She's not coming back. Sasha wanted out.

Oh well. Thanks for the confirmation I've probably intentionally overlooked to this point, beth.

I wish they'd have written her up as a less than attractive character to prep us for her departure.

+ Reply to Thread