+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Navy NCIS

Re: Navy NCIS

The problem with Ziva becoming a full fledged NCIS agent is her nationality. Now, the writers may not be picky about it and that is fine for the show, but I would think with a US investigative agency, one would need to be a US citizen.

Today I envisioned her being fast-tracked toward that goal and having to go through the agency application process, though being asked to teach all the courses rather than take them. LOL. Then she would be the probie and Timmy would be off the hook. However, I don't think there will be any of that, and she will retain her badge while her ties to Mossad are severed. She is home, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3716223;
    The problem with Ziva becoming a full fledged NCIS agent is her nationality. Now, the writers may not be picky about it and that is fine for the show, but I would think with a US investigative agency, one would need to be a US citizen.

Today I envisioned her being fast-tracked toward that goal and having to go through the agency application process, though being asked to teach all the courses rather than take them. LOL. Then she would be the probie and Timmy would be off the hook. However, I don't think there will be any of that, and she will retain her badge while her ties to Mossad are severed. She is home, after all.
    Well, I admit it is a bit odd, but they could say Ziva's mother was a US citizen living abroad. That would mean then that Ziva has dual citizenship.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3716726;
    Well, I admit it is a bit odd, but they could say Ziva's mother was a US citizen living abroad. That would mean then that Ziva has dual citizenship.
    It could be...Ari's mother was a Palestinian doctor who was killed by an Israeli raid conducted by Mossad. If Ari was her half-brother, and I think he was the elder, then Ziva could have a non-Israeli by birth mother.

IF
    the writers come up with any kind of back story to explain why Ziva is now a full agent and not a liaison, I wonder which way they will go?

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3717036;
    It could be...Ari's mother was a Palestinian doctor who was killed by an Israeli raid conducted by Mossad. If Ari was her half-brother, and I think he was the elder, then Ziva could have a non-Israeli by birth mother.

IF
    the writers come up with any kind of back story to explain why Ziva is now a full agent and not a liaison, I wonder which way they will go?
    Another suspend disbelief moment , probably.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

The last episode ended with Ziva handing her NCIS application documents to Gibbs for his signature. Will he or won't he?

Of course he will.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

OK, McGee mentioned that Ziva's US citizenship is pending.

What got me on this episode about what happened on the Damocles was that Ziva's team leader was ordered by her father, Eli, to basically say that she had killed the ex-marine mercenary. Talk about throwing your own daughter under the bus. I take it was a maneuver to cut her ties with NCIS. Guess Eli is jealous of Gibbs.

I also thought that the name of the ship was rather touching. Someone has a nice sense of the absurd.

Can't wait for the Halloween special. NCIS and The CW's Supernatural do great Halloween shows.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 10-15-2009 at 08:13 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3728783;
    OK, McGee mentioned that Ziva's US citizenship is pending.

What got me on this episode about what happened on the Damocles was that Ziva's team leader was ordered by her father, Eli, to basically say that she had killed the ex-marine mercenary. Talk about throwing your own daughter under the bus. I take it was a maneuver to cut her ties with NCIS. Guess Eli is jealous of Gibbs.

I also thought that the name of the ship was rather touching. Someone has a nice sense of the absurd.

Can't wait for the Halloween special. NCIS and The CW's Supernatural do great Halloween shows.

Either he wanted her back, (which I doubt) or he was cutting her off for good, knowing the US would imprison her. No wonder her father sounded angry and ready to close all connections with the US when talking to Leo - Ziva's father really is an evil man, and I am glad that they are through with him.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3728879;
    Either he wanted her back, (which I doubt) or he was cutting her off for good, knowing the US would imprison her. No wonder her father sounded angry and ready to close all connections with the US when talking to Leo - Ziva's father really is an evil man, and I am glad that they are through with him.
    Come on now, the man was a deserter, it was on a Jordanian vessel. how in the heck could the US possibly arrest Ziva on murder charges. First is the question of jurisdiction. What evidence except for the leader of her team saying she did it. Could they even discuss any details of what happened as it was an undercover Mossad operation to ultimately kill a terrorist. I am sure relations with the US and Israel are so peachy that they would let the US try a Mossad agent.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I thought it was just a matter of making sure Ziva didn't have opportunity to hand over any more information on Mossad. It was just a matter of time before she understood her father's role in her capture and treatment (not entirely sure I understand it), at which time her fierce loyalty to Mossad might dissipate.

Will we ever know what Gibbs whispered to her at the end of the interrogation?

+ Reply to Thread