+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Navy NCIS

Re: Navy NCIS

That's true, but when they showed the close up of Gibbs after shooting the guy I assumed that Gibbs was the one who shot him. But you're probably right. It was a small thing in an otherwise awesome premiere.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3713716;
    That's true, but when they showed the close up of Gibbs after shooting the guy I assumed that Gibbs was the one who shot him. But you're probably right. It was a small thing in an otherwise awesome premiere.
    Another suspend disbelief moment. We just needed to know that Gibbs saved the day because no one notices the logistics -oh well.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

There is still the question of how did they know Ziva had surfaced and was in the room with Tony and McGee. And how did they know that was the exact moment to off what they hoped was the bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3714017;
    There is still the question of how did they know Ziva had surfaced and was in the room with Tony and McGee. And how did they know that was the exact moment to off what they hoped was the bad guy.
    Well, both Tony and Gibbs had a hunch when the director thought going there was a wild goose chase, (Tony/Gibbs gave each other "the look", and then Tony started making plans). The next thing you know Tony mentioned the part about if he doesn't check in .......the rescue team will be all over the place. You might say that Gibbs was just going to rescue McGee and Tony, and got lucky finding Ziva; but they knew she (Ziva's description) had been seen with whatshisname. After they tracked him down, it was assumed (or it was a lucky hunch) that she was still there with whatshisname, and that was where they would find her. They just needed to find whatshisname.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3714004;
    Another suspend disbelief moment. We just needed to know that Gibbs saved the day because no one notices the logistics -oh well.
    and it is Gibbs afterall

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I'm not all that concerned with "fact vs what they show on tv" . . . . . as long as Mark Harmon is in my living room with me every Tuesday night, it's all good!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3714735;
    I'm not all that concerned with "fact vs what they show on tv" . . . . . as long as Mark Harmon is in my living room with me every Tuesday night, it's all good!
    I hear you, and am in the same place!
    I loved them all though, and would miss it if I couldn't visit regularly with even one of them.
    Christopher Reeve

Well, the "case" was secondary to the personal interactions this week. And well it should be. We (audience) needed to reconcile Ziva's place in the NCIS universe, but it wouldn't be easy. I really liked how she confronted her previous actions ("I had a long time to think") and worked through them all with both Gibbs and Tony. Once again, wonderful writing!

My favorite part, of course, was Abby's "Welcome Home"...loved every minute of her monologue; hysterically funny as only Abby can be. And it capped the episode as Ziva does return home.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3715396;
    My favorite part, of course, was Abby's "Welcome Home"...loved every minute of her monologue; hysterically funny as only Abby can be.
    Yeah, but seemed more like a dialogue - between Abby and Abby, and Ziva knowing enough not to say anything, LOL.

My favorite part was Ziva getting tearful over Gibbs' disbelief in her, the only time I recall Ziva's eyes ever welling up. She said Gibbs was her father. I think we will find out more this season about her parting with her real father.

so I guess Ziva is a full NCIS agent now? She's no longer the Mossad liason? Too much was glossed over, like Tony's 'don't touch me, I don't want to talk" attitude when they returned to HQ. I know he's totally intitled to it but Tony ususally makes light of everything... even when he was dying. I hope they explore that a little more, Tony deserves to be a little less 1 dimentional.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread