+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Navy NCIS

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey
    But on another note, I am VERY happy that it wasn't Abby!!! I just love the humor that she brings to the show. I mean, how hilarious was the little stuffed animal that she gave DiNozzo for a pillow?! We were rolling during that scene!
    Definitely happy it wasn't Abby! Tony laying on the floor with Burt, the farting hippo was hilarious! Every time he moved and made that thing fart, I laughed harder! The show would definitely be even worse off without Abby (vs. Kate). I'm hoping they can get someone in there who meshes with the other characters, but I'm not feeling too optimistic.

Leftcoaster - I think that, if Ari had killed her with the car bomb, it wouldn't have had the same impact for Gibbs. Ari wanted Gibbs to know, right at that moment, who was responsible.....to make him feel as if he was being toyed with. Killing Kate was definitely worse for Gibbs than being killed himself. Ari knows that he will blame himself for her death. Unfortunately for Ari, this also means that Gibbs will not stop until Ari is dead. Really though, that's fine by me - Rudofl Martin is hot

ETA: Okay, I went searching for news about Kate's demise and found this article on USA Today Online. Apparently, Sasha did want off the show At least she wanted off the show and didn't just get fired.
    Last edited by Critical; 05-25-2005 at 04:10 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thanks for the USA Today Online aritcle, Critical. It's good to know that she wanted out and that it didn't come as a surprise to her.

One thing, though . . .and maybe I'm wrong . . .

In the article, under "Cause of Death," it says, "A terrorist from a continuing story line was after NCIS team leader Leroy Gibbs . . ." Isn't his name Jethro Gibbs? Ducky is always calling him Jethro, so I thought that was his name . . . but is it really Leroy?
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

In the article, under "Cause of Death," it says, "A terrorist from a continuing story line was after NCIS team leader Leroy Gibbs . . ." Isn't his name Jethro Gibbs? Ducky is always calling him Jethro, so I thought that was his name . . . but is it really Leroy?
    According to TV Guide his full name is Leroy Jethro Gibbs.
    So she DID want out of the show? According to TV Guide, no one knew who was getting killed off. Hmmm... TV Guide was lying.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

I saw Mark Harmon a few days ago being interviewed on the Tavis Smiley show on PBS.

The details didn't stick with me even though Tavis was struck by the name to the point where they discussed it for several minutes, but he seemed delightfully (to me) taken that both rednecks and brothers or words to that effect were given a nod with the name. It turned out that it was someones actual name, from I believe the shows creators past.

When Harmon was recruited for the show and sent the script he indicated (to Tavis) that the name itself was something of a draw, and when the name subsequently disappeared from a later script he was the one who resurrected it from its presumed demise, believing that the name completely fit the character.
    Last edited by Leftcoaster; 05-25-2005 at 09:21 PM.

Well, I'm really going to miss Kate. But that was seriously one of the best death scenes ever.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Well, I'm really going to miss Kate. But that was seriously one of the best death scenes ever.
    Absolutely, Qboots! I gasped so loud and then slapped my hand over my mouth and held it there for quite a while... and then I teared up. While I wish they hadn't killed her, they did a really good job of it.

Super Goten, I think it was a pretty well-kept secret. I got the link to the USA Today article from a fan site that posted info about Kate's death just a few hours before the show aired.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Like everyone else, I was surprised when Kate got shot as I too thought the show had just put out the potential death thing to get monster ratings. I was just about to turn my head from the tv when the shot rung out and left me sitting there with a dumbfounded, surprise look on my face. That is one death of a regular that I will remember for a long time.

Going into the show I thought it would either be Abby or McGee and sorry to other FORTers who love Abby I can't say I would have missed either as much as I am going to miss Kate. Whoever they cast to replace her is going to have a difficult time recreating the magic that Sasha brought to that role. I really wonder how this is going to affect the show going forward.

I also wonder how much this is going to hurt Sasha Alexander's career, especially if the show loses steam with the recast. Right or wrong she will get blamed if the show drops in the ratings. I think tv producers will have an elephant memory about this and Donald Bellisario is a very powerful guy in the tv world. I hope she left on good enough standing that this doesn't hurt her career too much.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackshade

Going into the show I thought it would either be Abby or McGee and sorry to other FORTers who love Abby I can't say I would have missed either as much as I am going to miss Kate. Whoever they cast to replace her is going to have a difficult time recreating the magic that Sasha brought to that role. I really wonder how this is going to affect the show going forward.

I also wonder how much this is going to hurt Sasha Alexander's career, especially if the show loses steam with the recast. Right or wrong she will get blamed if the show drops in the ratings. I think tv producers will have an elephant memory about this and Donald Bellisario is a very powerful guy in the tv world. I hope she left on good enough standing that this doesn't hurt her career too much.
    I'm thankful it wasn't McGee, as he is probably my favorite on the show. I still think the show could do without Mark Harmon, but that's just my feelings. As for Kate, I liked the character, but not as much as the two guys. I think another woman can be brought in and it won't matter that much, in the long run. After all, when JAG switched from NBC to CBS and the replaced the Tracey woman with Katherine Bell, I thought it just wouldn't be as good and I wouldn't like her as much, but eventually I did come to like the Mac character and while I was never a regular viewer, the show didn't seem to suffer at all from a change of female character

Yet another show I'll add to the one's I used to like, but now will stop watcing.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    WOW!

What a shocker. I had no clue someone was going to die in the season finale. I kept thinking to myself...hmmm, the plague episode would have made a better season ending than this one. I gasped very loudly when Kate was shot.

I'm sorry to see her go. I really liked her character, but I'm really glad it wasn't one of the guys on the show as I am more attached to them.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread