+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 86 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Navy NCIS

Re: Navy NCIS

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3423274;
    Ahhh. My cable listings don't go that far into the future and I thought the 2-parter would be the finale. Then I hope the finale has at least one good cliffhanger.
    My secret; TV.com
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'm thinking that the spin off would be set in San Diego because that's where Vance was assigned from (I think) and that's also where Gibbs' family was (well, Camp Pendleton, actually) when his wife and daughter were murdered. Plus, San Diego has a pretty large naval component, don't know about L.A.'s military connections. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part because San Diego is more local to me! :
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzie1953;3423441;
    I'm thinking that the spin off would be set in San Diego because that's where Vance was assigned from (I think) and that's also where Gibbs' family was (well, Camp Pendleton, actually) when his wife and daughter were murdered. Plus, San Diego has a pretty large naval component, don't know about L.A.'s military connections. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part because San Diego is more local to me! :
    Either that or LA. This way there will be a west coast NCIS as well as the current east coast NCIS. If the new show is in San Diego I wonder if we will see a lot more Navy SEALS.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

So far, I really like the new team for spinoff and am planning to add the show to my DVR list! Wondering what is up with Ziva?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I hope Ziva and her dad are working against Michael, because otherwise it would appear to indicate that Mossad is behind the arms deal.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Or else Mossad is also running an undercover operation and the two agencies are competing which places Ziva in the middle regarding her loyalties. I really like that they are looping Ziva's storyline back to the the beginning of the season and I like that overly goofy Tony has found his serious side (sort of.) Although they weren't a large part of the storyline, I'm glad Abby and Ducky got some air time.

I like the new characters and the set up of the "other" agency. It is NOT a copy cat of the NCIS DC crew we've come to love, but the two main characters have strong spy ties to Gibbs. It is interesting that one of their characters will be an operations psychologist so maybe we'll get more of the profiling aspect - where Ducky was heading last year until the writers pulled him back. But, really, what is with the old warehouse James Bond type of headquarters? A tad over the top and a tad tacky. Interesting that McGee was in alt over the advanced computer imagery projection. Didn't he watch CNN during the election last year? LOL!

The writers have done a good job to set up a spin off series that will be different enough from the first to hold our interest.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3429977;
    Or else Mossad is also running an undercover operation and the two agencies are competing which places Ziva in the middle regarding her loyalties. I really like that they are looping Ziva's storyline back to the the beginning of the season and I like that overly goofy Tony has found his serious side (sort of.) Although they weren't a large part of the storyline, I'm glad Abby and Ducky got some air time.

I like the new characters and the set up of the "other" agency. It is NOT a copy cat of the NCIS DC crew we've come to love, but the two main characters have strong spy ties to Gibbs. It is interesting that one of their characters will be an operations psychologist so maybe we'll get more of the profiling aspect - where Ducky was heading last year until the writers pulled him back. But, really, what is with the old warehouse James Bond type of headquarters? A tad over the top and a tad tacky. Interesting that McGee was in alt over the advanced computer imagery projection. Didn't he watch CNN during the election last year? LOL!

The writers have done a good job to set up a spin off series that will be different enough from the first to hold our interest.
    Well, I think it is because they are a "special" division of NCIS called Office of Special Projects. Not NCIS -west coast, or CA. They don't parallel the work of NCIS Washington D.C. but handle special projects.

Like you, I thought Mossad might have their own sting going and if so, I wonder where Ziva's loyalty will be? I really look forward to and enjoy this show each week - I just hope we aren't being set up for a season finale death scene. I love every member of Gibbs team, even getting use to Vance.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Yes, I know they are not a regular NCIS unit, but wondered why (for production purposes) "they" used a cliche spy set up instead of an office tower.

Where is Navy Intelligence in all of this? Wouldn't this unit respond more directly or get their directives from Navy Intelligence? From JAG to NCIS it seems the Navy has a lot of overlap - according to the script writers. JAG did their own investigations which would seem to be in conflict with NCIS investigations which (gun runners, terrorists, etc.) would seem to be in conflict with their own OSP. Why not let JAG present the court cases that NCIS investigates and let the OSP track down terrorists?

Okay - now seeing parallels to real life. JAG is like the Prosecutors office which has its own investigators which can be in conflict with the police who can also lead investigations into terrorist activities which can be in conflict with the FBI.

Does anyone else think this "layering" is off-putting, or even down right confusing?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I love O'Donnell and his character was/is my favorite of the special unit...... what the heck? He obviously did not have on a bullet proof vest, not sure I will watch the new show without him though.

Ziva and Tony....... what a pair! I don't know what they have planned for season finale cliff-hanger, but would not be surprised if Ziva gets shot, and we wait till next season to find out she will live. Of course, it could be Tony that gets shot but we already had that cliffhanger a few seasons back when he was in quarantine, (Kate volunteered to be quarantined with him as a morale booster) and Tony almost "died". I love/hate season finales.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Newbie

i am so glad that the guy from notes from the underbelly might be in the spin off i loved him in that !!!!

+ Reply to Thread