+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 86 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Navy NCIS

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Navy NCIS

Interesting article... if that guy from Moonlight (the vampire show) is on it I'll definitely give it a shot!

So same format, different location. I wonder if they will use San Diego as the new base of operations? Didn't the new director come from the San Diego Office? I don't think Chris O'Donnell could be thought of as "young" anymore, so maybe it isn't a "younger" show, but a new show. That is...the same show, with the same type cases, but different location and different personalities. IF it turns into a CSI:Miami, I will be very disappointed.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

CSI: Miami would be a good show with good acting. The cases are, in theory, interesting, and the option always open of tossing bodies to the gators adds a twist you don't get in Vegas and NYC!
    It's all in the writing/acting...so this spin off will live or die on that as well.

If Alex O'Loughlin were in a spin-off AND Chris O'Donnell I would watch the show in a heartbeat. I had a school girl crush on CD for eons and I loved AO'L on Moonlight! I do hope it's a spin-off like CSI:NY and not Miami, as I am not a fan of Miami.

Gibbs in jeans is always a good thing! Gibbs on a horse.. even better. I finally watched the "wild wild west" episode. Poor Tony. He's not a rich man afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3360554;
    Gibbs in jeans is always a good thing! Gibbs on a horse.. even better. I finally watched the "wild wild west" episode. Poor Tony. He's not a rich man afterall.
    The thing is while Tony does owe his uncle's estate $10,000, which by this point in time I am sure his uncle forgave him the loan. Normally the IOU would not have any interest associated with it (especially since it was a loan between family) and that's what didn't sit right with me about that episode.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fanatic

i think tony's family is rich. tony isn't rich himself until he inherits something. i thought both sides of his family is wealthy. the uncle that passed away is from his mother's side (british) and i thought he's father was also wealthy. unless tony's mom is really wealthy and that was how tony's dad got that expensive ski suit where tony made it into his halloween costume (astronaut i think) when he was little. and wasn't his dad like into the civil war thing. i usually associate that with old wealthy family's who partake that kid of stuff. the so-called inheritance from his uncle (or great uncle) maybe the quickest way for him to get some of the family wealth. maybe tony has to wait til his own parents pass away or something.

and yeah, what's with the IOU that his cousin want him to pay back. its family. and i would still fight it anyways saying that true person who i owe pass away so no longer obligated. but i guess they just threw that in since tony was going on all about inheriting and when he didn't they just wanted to knock him down or something.

and what a sniper gibbs is huh. he can shoot at a moving vehicle (when he killed the man responsible for wife&daughters death) and with a rifle shoot down a helicopter coming right at you with someone shooting at him.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

So what is Vance's real relationship to Tyler? Did they trade places? Was Tyler's detached retina the reason Vance never served as a marine? Or did Vance stand in for Tyler so, despite his detailed retina, he could join the marines. Why would there not be a service record?

I think Gibbs letting Vance know about the CIA files was a big mistake. That is like revealing your card hand in poker, it is just not done. That was some really poor writing, it goes against character.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I disagree Bearcata, Gibbs is very loyal and he demands the same loyalty in return. I think telling Vance about the CIA file was a heads up to his colleague. IMO Gibbs' mistake was in not reading the file.
    I'm thinking that Vance was Tyler.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread