+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 86 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Navy NCIS

Re: Navy NCIS

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3316195;
    I had forgotten about that..... perhaps now that Gibbs knows Vance opened his confidential file, we will find out more about the Director's background. I would love for Gibbs to have something on Vance.

The entire show I was under the impression that was Gibbs son, so even though Vance was being snarky; I appreciated finding out that Gibbs was not the dad.
    So, after nearly being killed by the drug cartel, Gibbs came home to the death of his wife and daughter shortly after.....? Did I understand that correctly?

That was a dark time for Gibbs (18 years ago). I enjoy seeing his old boss come back to help with a case now and then, that old man is fearless!
    The way I heard it was that Gibbs's first wife and daughter were dead and that by the time Rose got to America Gibbs was married to his second wife.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Saw an old episode the other night. The one where Ducky brings his Mom to NCIS. She needs to be on more! She's such a character.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3325649;
    Saw an old episode the other night. The one where Ducky brings his Mom to NCIS. She needs to be on more! She's such a character.
    Apparently her character had a stroke and is in an assisted living facility, according to Ducky.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Oh how I completely forgot about that. Thank you.

Last night's episode (2-17) has climbed to my number one spot for this season. The writing was superb - cogent and witty - and the character movement staging was quick and clever. Okay, now for the juicy stuff...What or Who the Heck is Palmer????? I thought he was learning the Medical Examiner trade from Ducky - we had learned he worked at a veterinary clinic during college summer holidays, and I think he is or was going to medical school. So what was this whole secret agent thing last night? And it didn't seem to be the first time Tony has used Palmer as a sounding board. Then when Tony leaves, he pulls down his NCIS cap and says, "Agent Palmer." Has he been Agent Palmer all along and not this doofy goofus he's been playing? If so, what was his real connection to the spy ring...cozying up to what's her name as a lover who is no longer a lover when everything goes down? Was it his secret assignment that was on the piece of paper Vance shredded on the final show last season?

WHO IS PALMER? New intrique.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3332625;
    Last night's episode (2-17) has climbed to my number one spot for this season. The writing was superb - cogent and witty - and the character movement staging was quick and clever. Okay, now for the juicy stuff...What or Who the Heck is Palmer????? I thought he was learning the Medical Examiner trade from Ducky - we had learned he worked at a veterinary clinic during college summer holidays, and I think he is or was going to medical school. So what was this whole secret agent thing last night? And it didn't seem to be the first time Tony has used Palmer as a sounding board. Then when Tony leaves, he pulls down his NCIS cap and says, "Agent Palmer." Has he been Agent Palmer all along and not this doofy goofus he's been playing? If so, what was his real connection to the spy ring...cozying up to what's her name as a lover who is no longer a lover when everything goes down? Was it his secret assignment that was on the piece of paper Vance shredded on the final show last season?

After watching that scene between Palmer and Tony I just felt I was seeing the beginnings of a Ducky/Gibbs relationship but between the next generation of NCIS agents. Kinda sweet.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fanatic

i got a feeling that tony felt more comfortable and less threatened confiding and asking for help from palmer. tony as a senior agent turned boss for the case would have been crucified more by mcgee and ziva...as they were already making comments about tony..and his penchant of being accused as a "murderer". i also think that tony ask palmer for help because he'll bring fresh eyes and isn't a "trained" agent...sometimes investigators focus on something a little to much and doesn't see the big picture. i think that is what palmer does for tony. and i think i just love tony even more for this...going to palmer for help and advice. of all the people...palmer. didnt see that coming at all.

seriously...i'll scream if they have tony as a murder suspect one more time or to think he was being killed off or going to die. last week when they showed the preview for this episode i was like "AGAIN". was this like his 3rd or 4th time.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3332625;

I thought I might have missed a show or something because I was wondering that as well!
    Bearcata you just reminded me that they are planning a new series spinoff of NCIS only with much younger actors....... perhaps Palmer will be the Ducky for the new team?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Maybe I've been playing the Bachelor conspiracy theory game to much lately, but Palmer, himself, felt off; not the doofus, but a seasoned analyst.

Hmm, a spin off with younger actors...oh, come on. Unless Palmer gets his Medical Examiner License, he won't be the new Ducky...of course, he has been interning for five years or so; maybe it is time he graduated. What would they call it: NCIS Only Younger?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

The spinoff is for real (but I don't think Palmer will be in on it) and just as NCIS was a spinoff of Jag; the new show will have it's start on an episode of NCIS.

I think I can link the TV guide article:
    CBS Boss Confirms NCIS Spin-off, Offers Alex O'Loughlin Update - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

ETA: Peter Cambor and Daniela Ruah have all been added as leads in the CBS series. The three would join Chris O'Donnell and LL Cool J, who are reportedly still in negotiations for the other two lead roles.
    Last edited by Mike'sgirl; 02-20-2009 at 01:28 PM.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread