+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 86 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Navy NCIS

FORT Fogey

Re: Navy NCIS

I haven't seen this show for most of this season. When did Jenny's hair get long again? I also did not remember hearing she was sick. What was wrong with her?
    TIA

I believe she had brain cancer. It was never fully explained. Jenny has been slicking her hair back for a bit now. What do you guys think about the "rumor" that the files contained new identities for the team and they aren't really going to be leaving at all?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Since the assignments were very specific, I don't put much stock in that theory
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3014027;
    I believe she had brain cancer. It was never fully explained. Jenny has been slicking her hair back for a bit now. What do you guys think about the "rumor" that the files contained new identities for the team and they aren't really going to be leaving at all?
    For me, Gibbs will always be gibbs, Tony will be tony; but I guess I could live with new identities. But, I would rather that someone kill off the new director and bring the old identities back to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3017454;
    For me, Gibbs will always be gibbs, Tony will be tony; but I guess I could live with new identities. But, I would rather that someone kill off the new director and bring the old identities back to life.
    The new director is not a memorable character so he won't be missed if he just suddenly is kidnapped or killed off. I was watching an NCIS marathon Friday and seeing the old characters who are no longer on the show makes me think that the new director is expendable.
    Yup, with donuts!!

yeah. I certainly wouldn't miss the 'new' director. They can easily bring in someone else IMO.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I for one enjoyed every second of the 2-hour finale. The timeline questions are valid, though. Nine years is not only a fast track, but super-train fast. Also how did Mike get up from Mexico a couple of hours after she called him? He sure was the deux ex machina this time...the keeper of the secrets and fading in and out as information was needed; as well as a perfectly timed gunshot. The "new" director is very smart and quick on his feet - there will be a real challenge of will between him and Gibbs the first couple of new episodes.

I think Jenny went out as she had to...the brain cancer was convenient...she blew an assignment that came back to haunt her and it was her responsiblity to clean it up. I think the illness would have speeded her departure with or without the dramatic gun fight.

I also think it will take two episodes to reunite the team - either with or without opposition from the director. Whether the shredded document from his file surfaces in that period of time is as unknown as his character's length of stay on the show. I can't wait to see Tony on a ship, or McGee in cybercrimes or Ziva reporting back for duty with Mossad. Abby, though, will be heart broken - that is going to be one depressing lab.

Good stuff coming to shake it all up! I can't wait!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

On the upside, if the team is split up, then Tony and Ziva can have a romance without as much chance of getting caught.
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3014027;
    I could live with this...undercover to catch the spy or terrorist whatever... in these new post. I would think terrorist since he said Ziva would be going back to her country and job.

I also agree that the director is expendable... I was just starting to like him toward the middle of the season finale...I didn't like the other shows he was in...
    Namway

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3021631;
    I also think it will take two episodes to reunite the team - either with or without opposition from the director. Whether the shredded document from his file surfaces in that period of time is as unknown as his character's length of stay on the show. I can't wait to see Tony on a ship, or McGee in cybercrimes or Ziva reporting back for duty with Mossad. Abby, though, will be heart broken - that is going to be one depressing lab.

Good stuff coming to shake it all up! I can't wait!
    I would prefer it if they cleaned it up in a season premiere 2 hour episode, so that by the end of the show - my favorite team is back.

I guess I could skip the first 2 episodes (hold them on DVR until things are back to normal) but I doubt that I could let them sit there and not watch them. Maybe they need the first 2 shows to introduce a new director that will bring the team back together.
    But, I won't feel settled or comfy with the show until everyone is back.

What do you think about them bringing Mike back as Director?
    That would be interesting, Gibbs would be respectful. Hard to find someone worthy of Gibb's respect, but Mike would fit nicely.

+ Reply to Thread