+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Navy NCIS

I think someone mentioned in the "Which shows are getting renewed" thread that NCIS has been renewed

I can't imagine that they would kills Gibbs - he's the star of the show. ITA that I don't want Abby to go either. She's probably my favorite character on TV. I just love the whole brainiac/goth thing. Pauley Perrette is so funny and has such good chemistry with Mark Harmon. I love their little interactions. I really like Ducky, but if it's one of the main characters that has to go and it can't be his assistant, I guess he'd be the most expendable. If they get rid of Tony or Kate of even McGee, it'd throw off the rhythm they've established.

On a completely different note: those sure were some sudsy suds they were using in the shower!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical

On a completely different note: those sure were some sudsy suds they were using in the shower!
    I've noticed that in general on TV and movies... my bubble baths never bubble like theirs do, my shampoo never lathers like theirs do, and my shower soap sure never suds up that much!

I think someone mentioned in the "Which shows are getting renewed" thread that NCIS has been renewed

I can't imagine that they would kills Gibbs - he's the star of the show. ITA that I don't want Abby to go either. She's probably my favorite character on TV. I just love the whole brainiac/goth thing. Pauley Perrette is so funny and has such good chemistry with Mark Harmon. I love their little interactions. I really like Ducky, but if it's one of the main characters that has to go and it can't be his assistant, I guess he'd be the most expendable. If they get rid of Tony or Kate of even McGee, it'd throw off the rhythm they've established.

I was laughing at the suds when they showed it! And, how did they get their backs covered so well with the suds . . . my arms don't reach that far!!!

I have a feeling it will be either McGee or Kate . . . if they were going to take DiNozzo out, it would have been on this week's epi, so I think he's got a free pass to stay.

If Abby leaves, I'll more than likely stop watching . . . o.k., maybe not, but she's my fav. We have a 14 yr. old daughter who is totally into goth (dyed her beautiful long blond hair black, wears dog collars and all black clothes), and she thinks Abbys is totally cool, too!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey
    If Abby leaves, I'll more than likely stop watching . . . o.k., maybe not, but she's my fav. We have a 14 yr. old daughter who is totally into goth (dyed her beautiful long blond hair black, wears dog collars and all black clothes), and she thinks Abbys is totally cool, too!
    I'd probably think about not watching too chrelsey! I love Abby - she's one of the things that makes this show interesting, imo. About your daughter's hair: at least it'll grow out! I think Abby's a pretty good role model actually - she's probably the smartest person on that show!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I'd probably think about not watching too chrelsey! I love Abby - she's one of the things that makes this show interesting, imo. About your daughter's hair: at least it'll grow out! I think Abby's a pretty good role model actually - she's probably the smartest person on that show!
    I agree about the positive role model aspect of Abby - as far as "goths" go, Critical! In fact, we've been talking to our daughter about how important it is that she not take on the whole "depressed, moody, rebellious" traits that society (whether rightly or wrongly) tend to associate with "goths," and Abby is certainly a good example of how one can express one's individuality and personal style and still be an upstanding, cool part of society!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

It looks as if Abby is justifiably the overall favorite. I know as a viewer I've fallen for her character big time. Gibbs may be the star, but Abby is the heart of the show for me. I wonder how radically different Ms. Perrette is from her characters persona in real life. Generally when I happen across an actress I adore on a talk show I wish I hadn't, the "real" exposure detracting from the fantasy image.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    It looks as if Abby is justifiably the overall favorite. I know as a viewer I've fallen for her character big time. Gibbs may be the star, but Abby is the heart of the show for me. I wonder how radically different Ms. Perrette is from her characters persona in real life. Generally when I happen across an actress I adore on a talk show I wish I hadn't, the "real" exposure detracting from the fantasy image.
    I've seen some publicity photos of her and it seems like there's a lot of Pauley in the character of Abby - at least style-wise. If you look at her listing on IMDb.com, there are some pics of her - she doesn't seem to be an Amercrombie & Fitch girl BTW, there's a really cute pic on there of her and Mark Harmon.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Assuming that they bump off one of the agents -- Tony, Kate, or McGee -- I sure hope they don't bring in the "Cassie" character from this week's ep. The woman's hair drove me nuts...looked more fake than the weave on that girl on the Apprentice.

Speaking of hair, Chrelsey, don't worry about your daughter's hair! I've been coloring my hair since I was 14 (more than half my lifetime now) and for a couple of years it was shoulder lenght and deep blue-black, as I was in my own version of goth mode. Of course, it was VERY interesting when I decided to strip out the black with high powered creme bleach leaving my roots white and the rest of my hair this kind of reddish brown color fried beyond belief, without a box of covering color handy. (Trip to store w/hat ensued.) And now I'm just a regular corporate shill with only moderately 'wild' color--essentially 2 colors of red layered in a blocking manner--(now professionally done, natch).

Enough of thread jacking...here's another thought on the who's getting killed mystery: the promo (which I ended up watching again) said that one of the "agents" won't be coming back, then they flashed the pics of the usual cast. BUT before that, they'd shown that the FBI agent (can't think of his name--but the one who Gibbs always talks w/in the elevator & who faked his death before). Maybe that could be one of the usual agents who won't be returning? I can hope, right?

That would work for me, PhoneGrrrl (offing Mr. FBI man). I've been wondering if there's anyway they can be twisting "survive" in a manner that only implies a death, not guarantees it.

Thanks for the link to Pauley's IMDb links, Critical. I seldom happen into IMDb, and when I do I generally loose track of time just like I did this time, wandering from link to link until I finally forget what brought me there to begin with.

I agree - "offing" the FBI friend of Gibbs' would work . . . but I think they really do mean that it will be one of the agents that we normally see.

Regarding the IMDB photos - Oh my - the blond hair!! I much prefer her dark hair . . . it just seems to fit her better!

+ Reply to Thread