+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 103 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676 ... LastLast
Like Tree184Likes

Thread: Navy NCIS

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Navy NCIS

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2653681;
    I checked the episodes listings over on TV.com and nothing is mentioned in the episode summary about Gibb's wife and child, was it a minor story arc??
    Yes. Gibbs was in a coma after some head trauma. He came out of the coma thinking it was 1991 or thereabouts. It was through that story-telling vehicle that we got a lot of the flashbacks to his wife & child's murder. It's obliquely referenced at tv.com in the first part of the finale's synopsis: "While working on an assignment, Gibbs is seriously injured in an explosion, and taken to a hospital, where he recalls his painful past, which he has always hidden from others..." Link

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2654394;
    Yes. Gibbs was in a coma after some head trauma. He came out of the coma thinking it was 1991 or thereabouts. It was through that story-telling vehicle that we got a lot of the flashbacks to his wife & child's murder. It's obliquely referenced at tv.com in the first part of the finale's synopsis: "While working on an assignment, Gibbs is seriously injured in an explosion, and taken to a hospital, where he recalls his painful past, which he has always hidden from others..." Link
    Thanks for the link. Boy, is that reference oblique.
    No goat killers on my island.

I have a huge crush on Gibbs! Especially after last night. So cute.
    Loved mini Tony. That was great. Everyone recognized it but Tony!

CA - about mini Tony, I think maybe at the very end he might have gotten it. There was just a slight (Ahh) look about him.

Loved mini Tony. Wonder if they will mention him in a later show or have him reappear as Tony tries to win back the high score on that game.

I missed Tony's "aha" moment.
    Such a great little show that's finally getting its dues. I really like that Gibbs' love interest has "relocated" to Hawaii for an undertermined amount of time. I didn't like her.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2687450;
    I missed Tony's "aha" moment.
    Such a great little show that's finally getting its dues. I really like that Gibbs' love interest has "relocated" to Hawaii for an undertermined amount of time. I didn't like her.
    I agree about his love interest - she seemed very different from his deceased wife, who (from the glimpse we saw) I got the feeling was a strong but warm and loving person. I actually don't want him to have any other love interest, but me I love Gibbs! Actually, I love all of these guys.

I'm a wee bit embarrassed to admit it, but I have a big, big crush on McGee . Actually, I almost invariably have my crush on any given show's geek.
    And so it begins, the end of times..

McGee's great! I think the think about this show in particular is that ALL the characters are likeable. Every single one of them are enjoyable. Even the Director has grown on me.

Leftcoaster

Last night was a re-run, but I'd previously missed Ziva's delightful line "Gibbs just met his 4th ex-wife". It may yet prove to be prophetic, but I'd be more prone to bet this squeeze dies rather than ties Gibbs down contractually.

+ Reply to Thread