+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 86 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Navy NCIS

Re: Navy NCIS

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;2426965;
    Didn't the Frog tell his No. 2 (or was it the other way around) that Tony would be made compliant by hurting Jeanne a little bit? That tells me she isn't in on it, and also gives me the sense that Tony doesn't know what is happening either. I think the Director will resign after this is over, because it will have affected her so personally on so many levels (for instance, that she unknowingly put her buddy Tony's girlfriend in jeopardy).

Meanwhile, Abby is sleeping while the Director's Dad's id comes up on the screen. What if it is remotely erased before she sees it?
    Remember that the frog's #2 has been compromised by the CIA and is now a double agent. Maybe that is why the CIA has called for the lie detector tests of this NCIS team. They want to know how deep the Director's involvement is known within that section. So far, Tony has been her point man and Jethro suspects she has motives other than breaking up a gun running cartel. The question becomes why did #2 show the photographs of Tony and Jeanne to the frog? Was this on instructions from the CIA? What would be the point otherwise?

Why does the CIA want to bury the NCIS investigation into the gun cartel? Why are they giving the frog information that would rip that team apart? Why has Jen's father resurfaced after five years of being dead?

Re Abby being asleep...I'm hoping that was done for dramatic purposes only to highlight the mystery for next season and not that Jen's father once again disappears - this time digitally.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Thats what I was thinking too about the house hunting march but if he was involved only because of a sting wouldn't he be ready to do what ever she wanted for the sake of the investigation?

The whole I love you thing on the climbing wall.. I don't know. I think Tony really is in love.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I've enjoyed watching the shows this summer and seeing how everthing was set up. I still think that Tony and Ziva have a thing and that Tony is having issues because of that. However, he may still have real feelings for Jeanne as well (who I thought was named Shawn most of the season...kinda like a lyrics oops).
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

Wow, what a season opener. Feels like the rest of the season will be downhill.

Anyone think that Jeanne killed her dad, or that the frog isn't really her dad? It makes as much sense to me as a number of the other plot issues they scrambled for us.

Also, remember Jeanne's previous squeeze who was killed on assignment? We speculated Tony would put it together eventually that Jeanne was his former girlfriend. Now I have to wonder if Tony knew all along.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I think there are more unanswered questions than ever before. First, if Tony and Jenny knew that Jeanne was the Frog's daughter, and that's why Tony started getting close to her, who the heck was the woman reviewing pictures taken of Jeanne? She had long-ish, dark hair, IIRC. And Jenny said Tony's cover was good enough to pass the Frog's checking him out, but, c'mon, any two-bit detective could have trailed him and found out he worked at NCIS. It totally felt like one team of writers set up the mysteries of last season and a new team was brought in to tie it all up. On the other hand, I still really love the characters and it's good to have new shows on. By the way, did McGee lose a ton of weight over the summer? He's looking much more in-shape than before.

It was an okay season premiere, but it wasn't great. Too many things that bothered me about and Jenny is really really starting to get on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2587321;
    It was an okay season premiere, but it wasn't great. Too many things that bothered me about and Jenny is really really starting to get on my nerves.
    I was a little dissappointed as they spent 2/3's of last season setting this up for what? Over half the episode we wonder if Tony is dead and then POW the Frog is shot in the head and floating in the river. I feel very let down. I feel as if I was promised this big payoff and there really was only a little poof instead of a big BANG. I know Bellisario could draw out story arcs and was constantly rewritting the scripts making for incredible 18 hour work days and that was one of the reasons he was taken off the position he had but this episode does not do any justice to the fans and us following the story of Tony's first love. I feel totally betrayed.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I agree and entire season was essentially explained/finished in a single episode. That does not make for a good story line or a good ending to a very big build up.

Okay so, last night's episode was about 100 times better than the premiere. Loved that it was back to the core of what the show is really about. How the team interacts with each other!

No sign so far of Mr. Palmer (does he even have a first name, LOL) or his honeybun. Anyone know if they are likely to show up this season?

+ Reply to Thread