+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 86 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Navy NCIS

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster View Post
    I didn't for a moment consider that they might have actually written Gibbs out of the script. Not until a Late Show segment where Letterman connected Mark Harmon's name with a new show.
    I saw that Letterman interview, and I don't remember him mentioning a new show, but I freely admit I don't give Letterman my full attention, since at least half the questions he asks are inane or clearly scripted with the celeb ahead of time. Do you remember any details about the new show? I'm curious, and want to do some Internet digging.

[I do remember them talking about "Summer School" though, and thought that was hilarious, especially how that crappy movie was on some new 'special' DVD edition. ]

I didn't for a moment consider that they might have actually written Gibbs out of the script. Not until a Late Show segment where Letterman connected Mark Harmon's name with a new show. I wasn't paying attention, but the show synopsis he offered didn't sound so ludicrous to outright dismiss it as a joke as many of the others were.

NCIS could kick around for awhile without Gibbs, but not more than a single season, I don't imagine. His character is the glue that connects all the others.

I did some searching online and checked IMDB (though not 100% reliable) as well as some other sites and nothing mentions a new show for Mark Harmon. So I think Dave was just pulling our legs!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I think she has done so well because she's basically the anti-Kate. She's nothing like Kate so we never really (at least I never) had to replace Kate. Ziva's fit really well into the new mold without overshadowing Kate.
    I was very glad when they didn't try to put a "Kate" type person
    to replace her, I really didn't like Ziva at first, but she has grown
    on me.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I forgot this before, but I really liked at the end when Ziva made Gibbs remember Kate's death. It somehow seemed fitting.
    I also like that they still mention Kate in some of the shows.
    I know in most shows, once that person is written out/killed off
    you never hear another word about them.
    What doesn't kill you, just screws with your head !!

Evel Doer's club member.

CEO
    Did we ever find out why Sasha Alexader left?
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    Did we ever find out why Sasha Alexader left?
    I looked around alittle, I see that she was on the E-ring 2006 episode,
    is that even on anymore?

I was also surpised to see that she's in Mission Impossible III

Who knows why any of them leave a high rated show.

Evel Doer's club member.

oopss alittle something else

January 2006: engaged to film director Edoardo Ponti. He is the son of Sophia Loren and Carlo Ponti.

Daughter, Lucia Sofia Ponti, was born in Geneva, Switzerland on May 12th, 2006

Evel Doer's club member.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrocks View Post
    oopss alittle something else

January 2006: engaged to film director Edoardo Ponti. He is the son of Sophia Loren and Carlo Ponti.

Daughter, Lucia Sofia Ponti, was born in Geneva, Switzerland on May 12th, 2006

Ahh, so she decided she wanted to raise a family - well that's a much happier resolution then I had imagined. Thank you for scouting that up!

I enjoy Ziva, but I really miss Kate!

It's been mostly cleared up, and sorry for the very late response.

But she did leave because of the high demand the show had. Being an important regular and taking away from spending time with family. Plus there was a bit of being "burnt" out. There was an article written in the TvTimes here about her leaving and it was that there were no hard feelings, she was just tired and needed time out. Though, now it's pretty permanent.

Gibbs better be back, because there is no way the show can survive without him.

I love the show, but everytime Tony is on lately, all I can do is cringe. They have him acting more and more like a young boy. And the whole picking on the probie seems to be getting worse. McGee's been there what? 2 years now.......scheesch, get over it Tony!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I saw that Letterman interview, and I don't remember him mentioning a new show, but I freely admit I don't give Letterman my full attention, since at least half the questions he asks are inane or clearly scripted with the celeb ahead of time. Do you remember any details about the new show? I'm curious, and want to do some Internet digging.

[I do remember them talking about "Summer School" though, and thought that was hilarious, especially how that crappy movie was on some new 'special' DVD edition. ]
    I somehow overlooked the latest entries to this thread. Apologies to all.

The following quote may have been unintentionally misleading.

I didn't for a moment consider that they might have actually written Gibbs out of the script. Not until a Late Show segment where Letterman connected Mark Harmon's name with a new show. I wasn't paying attention, but the show synopsis he offered didn't sound so ludicrous to outright dismiss it as a joke as many of the others were.
    This wasn't related to an interview of Harmon. It was a segment of a show where Letterman was providing brief descriptions of new shows for the fall season from all the networks. I can't recall any of the details by this point in time. One of the "new shows" Dave mentioned had Mark Harmon playing a character. Some of the show premises (especially those he mentioned further into the segment) seemed so ludicrous to be outright dismissed, but whatever he said about Harmon and his purported new show didn't sound too outlandish to my ear at the time, if that makes sense, but I'm generally giving Dave partial attention at best.

If Harmon hadn't apparently quit his position in the season finale, I would have thought Dave's remarks were just the joke I now assume them to be.

I didn't go into as much detail at the time that I should have, I assumed others here had seen the same segment I had.

I did see Harmon briefly on one show (I can't remember which) since the season finale, and he gave no indication he was blazing a new trail. As I'm pecking I think it was Dave, but that may just be my mind manufacturing a memory, being too onery to simply provide access to the one I requested.

I'm not recalling the talk about a new DVD of Summer School like you, though. I'm getting a visual of Harmon and Dave assisting that chef making a name for providing healthy tasty food for schools in Britain (his reach appears to be expanding to the U.S.) making some dish. Dave mostly swilled wine, as I'm recalling. Harmon (Ut oh, now I've got a Bruce Willis visual creeping in attempting to unseat Harmon ) actually lended a hand.

Those programs bleed together in my mind. It doesn't help that time works strangely in Dave's world. I swear almost every week I've heard the same comments he's making before, and I'm getting used to him (for example) talking about the winter Olympics in June due to his use of reruns. They keep me guessing, I think, because the content is similar, but not exactly the same.

+ Reply to Thread