+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Navy NCIS

I've never watched an episode but saw a little bit tonight and I must say that Lauren Holly looks quite scary ! Her eyebrows have this weird Joan Crawford thing going on. I used to think she was quite pretty but for some reason she did not look her best in this episode. Maybe it's just me

On the other hand, Mark Harmon is aging quite well.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I've never watched an episode but saw a little bit tonight and I must say that Lauren Holly looks quite scary ! Her eyebrows have this weird Joan Crawford thing going on. I used to think she was quite pretty but for some reason she did not look her best in this episode. Maybe it's just me

On the other hand, Mark Harmon is aging quite well.
    When she started on the show, she had long, straight hair with bangs. Then she got it cut short--they even commented on the change on the show. I think the hair cut--and sticking up a tad much--makes her look weird, and accentuates the (as you so accurately pegged it) Joan Crawford eyebrows. (Also, I can't stand her character, especially how she says 'Jethro' in this way that sounds either guttural or like she's got too much saliva in her mouth. Gives me the willies.)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    When she started on the show, she had long, straight hair with bangs. Then she got it cut short--they even commented on the change on the show. I think the hair cut--and sticking up a tad much--makes her look weird, and accentuates the (as you so accurately pegged it) Joan Crawford eyebrows. (Also, I can't stand her character, especially how she says 'Jethro' in this way that sounds either guttural or like she's got too much saliva in her mouth. Gives me the willies.)

Hard to take someone that looks like that serious. I don't get why Gibbs isn't making remarks about it?? Still, I love the show!

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    Did anyone see what Gibbs gave Abby for her birthday last night? I saw her open the box and there was a golden glow, and she made a comment about Pulp Fiction but he didn't give her a box of gold, did he?

If they did show the present later I missed it. Thanks.

All they showed was the really bright glow when she opened it in that one scene. They made no mention or no showing of it after that. Plus it kind of ended rather abruptly last night.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    All they showed was the really bright glow when she opened it in that one scene. They made no mention or no showing of it after that. Plus it kind of ended rather abruptly last night.
    Thanks. I thought maybe I missed something. Odd for them to leave something hanging like that, unless its going to be a plot line.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl View Post
    Hard to take someone that looks like that serious. I don't get why Gibbs isn't making remarks about it?? Still, I love the show!
    I think he noticed but, ofcourse being the man he is, he's not going
    to act like he does...
    beside you know the old saying...
    If can't say anything nice... hehehehe
    What doesn't kill you, just screws with your head !!

Evel Doer's club member.

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy View Post
    Did anyone see what Gibbs gave Abby for her birthday last night? I saw her open the box and there was a golden glow, and she made a comment about Pulp Fiction but he didn't give her a box of gold, did he?

If they did show the present later I missed it. Thanks.
    Watched it again lst night just to make sure..
    Nope they didn't show a thing... now makes me want to watch
    Pulp Fiction again (it's been along time) to see what they might have ment..
    But I'm sure it wasn't black roses..
    I guess somethings we have to make up in our own minds...

I did love how Tony did the backstroke when he saw how hairy that
    women Bobbie was... what's alittle hair among friends.. hehehe

I thought that maybe Kate's death would have grown him up just alittle
    bit, but I guess not.. someone has to be the clown
    What doesn't kill you, just screws with your head !!

Evel Doer's club member.

Taken from The Secrets of Pulp Fiction http://www.godamongdirectors.com/tar...q/secrets.html

The more you watch the movie, the more you're convinced that there is a hidden spiritual level in the plot. Much has to do with the famous briefcase which belongs to Marcellus Wallace, and which Jules and Vincent capture in the apartment. We never see its contents, which emit a golden glow. There have been countless theories about what's in it ("an Egg MacGuffin," said somebody at Virginia), but of course we will never know.
    Macguffin?? what the hell is that?? and Egg Mc Muffin maybe? LOL

ETA: ok so now I look like an idiot...

A MacGuffin (sometimes McGuffin or Maguffin) is a plot device that motivates the characters and advances the story, particularly one whose importance is accepted completely by the story's characters, yet from the audience's perspective it is usually not the main center of interest, might be minimally explained or may test their suspension of disbelief if it is scrutinized. The device, usually an object, is common in films, especially thrillers. Commonly, though not always, the MacGuffin is the central focus of the film in the first act and declines in significance as the struggles and motivations of the characters take center stage. Often the MacGuffin is all but forgotten by the end of the film.
    Last edited by Duxxy; 03-09-2006 at 01:42 PM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fanatic
    had to go 7 pgs deep to find this show.

mark harmon (gibbs) isnt gone from the show right? ncis is still on CBS's schedule next fall?

or are they just having gibbs quit the team and early next season they'll try to convince him into coming back.

btw, love the way the 4 (tony, ziva, mcgee, and abby) worked together to solve the case without gibbs. loved their chemistry and thought process. but hopefully they're toying with us and he choses to come back cause like what tony said "we're missing something", ziva "gibbs", tony "yeah".

and talk about different season finale this time from last years between the head shot.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

+ Reply to Thread