+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 757979899100101102103104105106107
Results 1,061 to 1,069 of 1069
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: Navy NCIS

Re: Navy NCIS

I don't like McGee's new look either. I'm also not sure whether I like the new kid on the block. People are saying she was Abby's replacement (twitter), but she is not. I guess they glossed over the part when Gibbs referred to her as a forensic profiler. I can't imagine who they will bring on to replace Abby though. Something is "off" about this season. I really enjoyed last season and this one is just the opposite. (for me)
    Arielflies likes this.
    When you canít control whatís happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to whatís happening. Thatís where your power is.

Bishop's analyst skills are as a profiler. I think new kid is going to mess with that role.

It was not a well written episode. Gibbs was clearly clueless who she was in his cabin (or he wouldn't have been so pissed off when she tossed him his keys), and later magically wasn't in retrospect.

Bishop's turnaround about the XO wasn't credible either.
    Mike'sgirl and Arielflies like this.

The cast is still great, the writing for Season 15 is awful. Yes, there are a few good moments, mostly due to the cast. I don't understand why the writing is so bad, but this show has gone from being my favorite show to watch each week, to "oh yeah, NCIS is on...I guess I will watch it".
    When you canít control whatís happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to whatís happening. Thatís where your power is.

This year's writers were all present last year. I didn't check further back. Perhaps it reflects that Gary Glasberg and Dennis Smith are gone. (per Wikipedia)

I'm also wondering if we're watching the effect of people bailing. Tony then Quinn then Ducky and later this year Abby. That's a lot of turnover. There may be restlessness in the ranks.
    Mike'sgirl likes this.

Tonightís episode was great! I really enjoyed it and I knew all along that he was truly guilty and a serial killer. I was waiting for them to find out. Thanks to Double Jeopardy, he is free and clear. But, as Gibbs said..... itís not over.

I agree Brooks, dynamics are changing and for me, Glasberg is deeply missed. What a great show runner he was. Last season he did co-write the beginning episode. Something I think he did each season or at least a couple times each season. But, his influence was there in the outline for all of last season. I wonder how he would handle all of the departures this season?

It was great to see Ducky again! I would love if he did cameos periodically.

I enjoyed the dynamics between Sloan and Gibbs in this episode. She is definitely growing on me.

She is growing on me, too. I was so afraid Gibbs and Fornel were dunzo for good - such a downer; and such a downer that the guilty went free. The last scene at the batting cage was really creepy. I hope they make time during upcoming episodes to try and tie this guy to the other four murders - no double jeopardy.
    Mike'sgirl likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Arielflies, I think you just nailed it. He can be prosecuted for the serial killings (other then this last one). Interesting that while he was in prison, the killings must have stopped. I was glad that Gibbs and Fornell were able to "talk it out" at the end.
    This episode didn't have "to be continued", so I hope that it will be resolved before the end of the season. I just hate waiting for the resolution.
    Arielflies likes this.

Fornell told Gibbs one of the reasons he knew the guy was the serial killer is because the killings stopped while he was in jail.

This is too good a storyline to resolve it in the next episode. I'm sure they'll come back to it. Plus Fornell's reputation must be repaired.
    Mike'sgirl and Arielflies like this.

Gibbs has become such a cranky old man. So has Dwayne Pride on NCIS New Orleans. It is hard to listen to them yell.

Happy for McGee, but he really, really needs to lose the facial hair. Ducky makes an appearance. The plot was interesting, except for Gibbs' sour face.
    Mike'sgirl likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread