+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1096
Like Tree245Likes

Thread: Navy NCIS

Re: Navy NCIS

Thanks, that was the scene I couldn't figure out because of the distractions.

So are they working towards killing off Reese by the end of the season? I also wasn't sure at the end whether he was getting his request for a dangerous mission or if it had been rescinded.

Gibbs seemed very old in this episode. (Not bad for 65, but I need him to last a few more years!)
    Mike'sgirl likes this.

You mean Reeves? A part of me actually hope he does get killed off or at least leave the show, because he is the only character I don't like on the show, because as I pointed out before, he is such a pointless and unnecessary character, the team doesn't need him at all, and I just think he is a waste of space, and Gibbs doesn't need so many members on his team. Gibbs currently has 4 direct subordinates on his team which is enough, and then we have Abby, Ducky, Jimmy and Director Vance, there's already plenty of main characters on NCIS, there's no need for Reeves to join too. I don't mind Reeves as a recurring character that only appears once in a while like agent Burley and CGIS agent Borin, but I don't want him as a main character, he's just pointless and unnecessary and Gibbs' team is already big enough as it is.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

Right, Reeves. He could be written out at any time since he's only on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Did Torres and Quinn confirm the fling at the end? A neighbor called me a couple times during the show and yakked for a while. Closed captions weren't enough to keep me informed about what was going on in the show. ;^)
    Neither Torres nor Quinn ever gave an emphatic "No!" Instead, they answered every direct question, with a question; which deflected the answer. When Quinn first refused to answer Ellie's question with a direct "No", I suspected that they did have a fling. Instead they each just acted like the question was absurd. Answering a question with a question or that the notion was absurd is more than a hint of omission. I am pretty sure that neither ever said "No, that never happened".
    I honestly thought she was to old for him, but what do I know? In real age, I guess she is about 5 years older, so I guess the scenario is believable. But, she had a crush on Gibbs earlier in the season; so it through me off when the hook-up with Torres was suggested. Although I do remember, Torres being really playful suggesting they past the time "making out" when they were on that one stakeout. (The one when Quinn was standing on a toilet looking out of a really high window in a factory at a warehouse.....)

Then, when Torres stayed behind with Quinn as McGee and Ellie took off... Torres said, he didn't remember her hair being shorter back then, and Quinn said "it wasn't, I lied".... (implying that they had hooked up the one time). I think Ellie wasn't completely buying it though, so this may surface again. Although, I'm really hoping we don't have another Tony/Ziva relationship cooking up. But, I wouldn't mind an Ellie/Reeves romance. I'm just full of contradictions today.
    Arielflies likes this.
    When you canít control whatís happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to whatís happening. Thatís where your power is.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaL100 View Post
    You mean Reeves? A part of me actually hope he does get killed off or at least leave the show, because he is the only character I don't like on the show, because as I pointed out before, he is such a pointless and unnecessary character, the team doesn't need him at all, and I just think he is a waste of space, and Gibbs doesn't need so many members on his team. Gibbs currently has 4 direct subordinates on his team which is enough, and then we have Abby, Ducky, Jimmy and Director Vance, there's already plenty of main characters on NCIS, there's no need for Reeves to join too. I don't mind Reeves as a recurring character that only appears once in a while like agent Burley and CGIS agent Borin, but I don't want him as a main character, he's just pointless and unnecessary and Gibbs' team is already big enough as it is.
    If they promoted Vance (as the ex-girlfriend had suggested once), and Gibbs was also promoted; then who would lead the team? Is McGee ready? Or, would they offer it to someone like Reeves, who is supposed to have had a lot of field experience? I don't know? I'm not ready for McGee to take over, but Reeves character is more of a "lost soul" with a need to grow more. I'm not sure what I hope will happen there. But, surely they had more in store for Reeves then what we have seen so far. Why give the character a "series regular" cast role instead of recurring character, if they didn't have a greater plan? I'm confused......
    When you canít control whatís happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to whatís happening. Thatís where your power is.

I very much doubt Gibbs would get promoted to Director of NCIS, mainly because he doesn't want the job nor is he interested, if the past was any indication. But let's just say hypothetically IF Vance were to get promoted to another role and Gibbs replaces him as Director and the team needs a new leader, I also don't think McGee is ready to be the team leader, at least not yet, and I think Reeves is even less prepared or ready than McGee is. Because Reeves himself has said before that he's not a team player, he is used to being alone, acting like a lone wolf and going on assignments by himself, that's why Gibbs gave him the lecture in this week's ep. So I can't imagine someone like Reeves, who is used to doing things alone, would be able to lead a team. Not to mention he is not even an NCIS agent, in order to lead his own team he would need to first apply for a job at NCIS, right now he's still just a liaison officer for MI6, and then he needs to work in a team for god knows how many years, before he could get promoted to Senior field agent before finally a team leader. So no, I cannot imagine Reeves as a team leader, McGee yes because at least McGee is much more experienced and qualified than Reeves.
    Even though Torres was similar to Reeves in the sense that Torres also spent many years working undercover and was used to working alone, so when he joined Gibbs' team he had to learn to adjust to working in a team again and being a team player, but like any newly assigned agent, Torres also had to begin from the bottom as a new "probie" on the team. So I really cannot imagine Reeves suddenly fast-tracked into becoming new team leader, especially before other more qualified and experienced agents like McGee. Heck, even Bishop would be more qualified than Reeves to be team leader, simply because Bishop has more experience working in a team and in NCIS than Reeves.
    Of course we're just discussing hypothetical possibilities, but seriously, I would get really upset and annoyed if they make Reeves the new team leader IF Gibbs were to retire or get promoted I think the role of new team leader should at least be given to McGee after Gibbs retires or gets promoted...whenever that would be.

But in all honesty, I just want Reeves out of the show, as I have mentioned many times before, his character is just useless and pointless and unnecessary, and his character is a waste of space IMO, and I couldn't care less about him, usually I barely even notice him and I wouldn't even care if they kill him off either.
    Last edited by LindaL100; 03-31-2017 at 12:59 AM.
    Mike'sgirl likes this.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

So there really isn't anyone we're familiar with who could replace Gibbs. Maybe next year is the show's last year and the theme is Gibbs' and Ducky's pending retirements. :-(

I may be in minority here, but I actually like Reeves, I just don't understand why his character is still hanging around. He hasn't had much of a part since this season began, sort of weaving in and out..... his character is very different from the one they actually described him to be a long time ago. But, I don't care about that, it's more of a question as to: what are they planning to do with him?????

Only character that I never liked from the start was Jenny Shepard (I do like the actress). I loved Director Morrow, and was disappointed when they replaced him with a former love interest of Gibbs. I kept hoping season after season Jenny would leave. Her ending was another one of those shocking and sad endings that will haunt me, but I love Rocky in the role so for me it was a happy ending. I guess time will tell what lies ahead, I just don't want an NCIS without Gibbs in it. If Harmon wants to reduce his hours, semi-retire, I will respect that, I just need him there for some of each episode teaching his team wonderful life lessons.
    Brooks, Arielflies and Moontat like this.

I agree with you, I never liked Jenny Shepherd either and was actually happy when she was killed off, I much prefer Director Vance and even though Director Morrow did not have a particularly big role in the first 2 seasons compared to his successors did (Morrow was just a recurring character, but both Shepherd and Vance later became main characters), however I even liked Morrow more than Shepherd. Though Vance is still my favourite director of NCIS

Also I think Gibbs is the anchor of NCIS, I just cannot imagine this show ever being able to continue without him, to me he is the very heart and soul of NCIS, we can lose Kate, and Ziva and Tony and any of the other characters, but not Gibbs. So I think the time when Gibbs finally decide to retire would be the same time that this entire show retires.
    Last edited by LindaL100; 04-04-2017 at 04:37 AM.
    Mike'sgirl and Brooks like this.

I just watched this week's ep, the case itself was ok, and it had virtually nothing to do with the Navy (again), the only Navy link in this week's ep was a Naval Vice admiral being one of the victims of a computer hacking with his laptop being infected with a ransom-ware virus, but the whole case itself was mainly non-Navy related with the culprit being a civilian, the vice admiral was just a small part of the whole ransom-ware business. Then again, the admiral was the reason NCIS investigated the case in the first place, so I suppose to a certain extent this week's case was still somehow connected to the Navy or a Naval officer at least, even though he was just a small part of the whole case.

I don't know but it just seems like there's more episodes or cases this season that have very little or no relation to the Navy, is it just me that feels this way? I hope NCIS is not turning into NCISLA! As much as I enjoy watching NCISLA, but it's disappointing that they have stopped investigating cases involving the Navy or Naval personnel, and it's been this way for the past several seasons, so I am used to seeing the NCIS agents investigating cases that have nothing to do with the Navy or Naval personnel at all on NCISLA, I think they should just change the name of NCISLA to "Homeland Security" instead.

But this is not NCISLA, so I hope they will stick to crimes/cases that are actually related to the Navy on the mother show.

Btw even though Reeves had more screen time in this week's ep, but his character is still utterly pointless, he barely did anything in the ep besides doing random tasks that any of the other agents on the team could've easily done too, he's just there for the sake of just being there. Like I said before, Reeves is just a waste of space and screen-time, he's lucky that he even gets the chance to appear in any episodes at all.
    Last edited by LindaL100; 04-06-2017 at 12:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread