+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 108 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1076
Like Tree212Likes

Thread: Navy NCIS

Re: Navy NCIS

I remember at the end of last season, we read blind items - I think they are mentioned up thread - that had three characters lined up to play the Tony role and Reeves was one of them. It is jarring to see him pop up now and then, but for the most part, he is invisible. He did have a larger roll at the beginning with the arms dealer storyline, where he started off as the undercover pilot and then worked as liason for the European services. Once Emily's new love was killed, so was his time on the team floor.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Tonight was a repeat - Episode 9, Pay for Play - shown 12/6/16. At the beginning of the episode Reeves is introduced to the team by Vance who says that MI6 has agreed that he be assigned to the International Desk and to help out Gibb's team when available. Reeves and undercover guy immediately go into alpha male posturing. Tim knew he was coming on, but didn't tell because he thought it might cause those problems.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I wonder if it was re-aired as a reminder of the project he originally signed up for? The one Quinn knew was a suicide mission that no one else would sign up for..... was that storyline finished? I'm drawing a blank on what the project name was, but Quinn was shocked and Reeves said he knew what he was doing. Undercover guy is Torres ( I have a crush on him ) which is why I remember that.
    When you canít control whatís happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to whatís happening. Thatís where your power is.

I think the suicide mission must have been the one where he was a pilot, but that was super secret. How would Quinn know about it?

Yes, Torres...sigh. Me and names - ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl View Post
    I wonder if they had hoped to make him Tony's replacement, but then it just didn't happen? I like him, but agree his role is more of recurring characters and therefore expendable. The sort of person they would kill off at the end of a season even. Not that I want that to happen, because I don't. Maybe, they have a special storyline for Reeves coming up that is meant to carry into the next season? I'm confused as to why he is there......
    I'm not sure if the producers originally wanted to make Reeves as Tony's replacement, but when Torres joined the show as a permanent member of the core team from the get go while Reeves only became a recurring character, it gave me the impression that Torres is meant to be Tony's direct replacement on the show instead, which makes sense. While Quinn is more like an additional main character, rather than anyone's direct "replacement".

But if you look at the new team lineup from the perspective of rank, then McGee would be considered Tony's "replacement" on the team as he is now the new Senior field agent replacing Tony's original position, while Torres would technically be the new "probie" and thus McGee's "replacement" on the team
    Mike'sgirl and Brooks like this.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

I recently came across a G Glasberg interview from Sept 2016 (shortly before his passing) and he said that no one is Tony's replacement. He said they wanted to move in a fresh direction and just expand the team. But I agree, McGee has moved on up and would be considered Tony's replacement.

Arielflies: Quinn read the name on a folder on Reeves desk (snooping) in that repeat episode. She already knew that mission was basically a suicide mission, so later questioned him about it.
    I think your right though, that episode revealed he had invested months into learning to fly. I vaguely remember Ellie asking him about his mission, I think he said that the team was like a family, they all have each other, but he has no one.
    When you canít control whatís happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to whatís happening. Thatís where your power is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl View Post
    I recently came across a G Glasberg interview from Sept 2016 (shortly before his passing) and he said that no one is Tony's replacement. He said they wanted to move in a fresh direction and just expand the team. But I agree, McGee has moved on up and would be considered Tony's replacement.
    it's no surprise, like I said I don't see Torres and Quinn or Reeves as necessarily Tony's "replacements", I see them as merely new additional characters to expand the team. It was mainly the media that initially reported them as Tony's "replacements" thus the audiences and fans are now following suit.
    Mike'sgirl likes this.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

What? Torres and Quinn had a fling? I did not expect that! But then again I can believe it...it's just that there were no indications in any of the previous episodes that suggested they ever had a fling or ever had that kind of relationship, so this whole supposed fling they had in the past just seems so sudden and random.

Did Torres and Quinn confirm the fling at the end? A neighbor called me a couple times during the show and yakked for a while. Closed captions weren't enough to keep me informed about what was going on in the show. ;^)

Well both Torres and Quinn denied it to McGee and Bishop through the entire episode, but there was a scene with them at the very end of the ep which seemed to imply that they did indeed had a fling.
    Brooks likes this.

+ Reply to Thread