+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 104 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1038
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: Navy NCIS

Re: Navy NCIS

I am definitely favoring Torres and Quinn over Ellie, and maybe even over McGee. Ellie is so serious all of the time, we need people with some lightness to offset that. Both Torres and Quinn are engaging characters, each has a mischievous & funny side, but also a sincere, compassionate side. They reflect a depth of experience and are talented actors. This season has had a different feeling overall then past seasons. It's a fresh spin, on a seasoned, well established show. I like it!
    Brooks and Moontat like this.
    When you canít control whatís happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to whatís happening. Thatís where your power is.

I do, too. The Tony schtick went on long after he went pudgy and started popping gray hair here and there. His more mature role in Bull suits Michael much better now.

Ellie has always played in her head and has hurdles of wanting to be perfect. She needed the leavening that Abby was too far away scene by scene to give her. Quinn is a good balance for that character, even on their first episode when Quinn pretended to not remember her at Flexie. I'm still not sure about Torres, but this last episode we saw more of his emotional life and I noticed he sat in his chair for 15 seconds before being rousted out with a "grab your gear."

I still like Tim, but as a side-kick, not a lead agent. And...there hasn't been mention of him writing novels for a few years now.
    Mike'sgirl likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fanatic

I'm one of those who was glad Ziva left. The last 2 seasons with her was blah. Didn't like her story lines. Loved her when she started. It was just that her story line overwhelmed what the the show was about. It started to feel like a Ziva show. And as much as I loved Tony, the bachelor jokester got stale and old. I thought they would make him grow up or lessen the schtick but oh well. Bull suits him better (age wise). Wished they spent more time for a better ending/leave for Tony. Just seemed rushed. Several years back, I would have enjoyed a Tony spin off as leader.

Ellie is okay. I know she wasn't a replacement of Ziva. She's like Jimmy. Just a role player. Even though she had several eps on her and even then it wasn't quite overpowering. McGee is okay. I like him and Delilah. He's grown up. I like how they implement Reeves...recurring role.

Love Quinn and Torress. Made NCIS fresh again. I like what they bring to the show. Their humor is different. I'm always laughing out loud with Quinn's quips. Usually I would just quietly chuckle but with some of her lines I'm cackling aloud. LOL.

Most of this season's episodes has been awesome. Loved the last 2. Especially the Tony/McGee's apartment ep. The interaction between the 4 (McGee, Bishop, Torress and Quinn) is awesome. I also loved Jimmy's centric ep of the would be suicide jumper. You can see the difference between Gibbs and Palmer.

Loving this season!
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

I agree with you about Ziva, it took me a while for her character to grow on me because she was originally added to the show as the replacement for Kate and I loved Kate, it took me about a whole season to get used to Ziva and I gradually started to like her afterwards. Until the show became the "Ziva show" and she started to dominate the storylines and she became sort of a drama queen, by then she started to annoy me and I'm glad she left the show, I actually wish she had left sooner. I actually prefer Ellie over Ziva because compared to Ziva, many people might think Ellie is so bland and boring as a character, but Ellie is a sweet character, she doesn't try to be anyone else's replacement, she works hard and is always trying to improve herself and always eager to learn, and she stands up for what she believes in. Ziva on the other hand, is such a very unrealistic character (maybe that's why many viewers loved her), and Ziva became a bit too self-absorbed when she started to dominate the storylines, and like I said she became a drama queen, some people even call her "Ziva the diva".
    I like both Kate and Ellie more than Ziva, compared to Ziva, they are both much more realistic characters.

I never really liked Tony much, he was usually such a bully towards McGee and behaved like such a sexist, misogynistic, childish and annoying overgrown frat boy (as my friend often called him), I used to dislike him especially during the first couple of seasons, but then he eventually grew on me in later seasons. But I never really took to Tony very much, I liked him sometimes, but usually he's just meh to me. So Tony's departure really did not affect me much and I don't miss him at all. I'm actually glad he left because as I said before, I actually like Torres and Quinn more now, and I agree that they both add some much needed freshness to the show (which was becoming stale and old in the last few seasons).

I still love Tim McGee though, he has always been one of my favourite characters on the show ever since he joined, mainly because I love geeks and nerds (I would even consider myself one too) McGee had to endure a lot of unnecessary and juvenile bullying and teasing throughout his history at NCIS (mainly by the hands of Tony) which really made me sympathize with him a lot as I was also bullied in high school, but McGee has really grown up over the years and he has become a much stronger and more mature and confident person and agent. And I love his relationship with Delilah, I hope they have kids of their own one day!
    Last edited by LindaL100; 03-17-2017 at 10:18 PM.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    ... Most of this season's episodes has been awesome. Loved the last 2. Especially the Tony/McGee's apartment ep. The interaction between the 4 (McGee, Bishop, Torress and Quinn) is awesome. I also loved Jimmy's centric ep of the would be suicide jumper. You can see the difference between Gibbs and Palmer.

Loving this season!
    I agree! The last scene at the infamous apartment had to be Gibbs wearing a toolbelt and laying floor. so classic.
    Brooks likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

One reason this season is refreshed is they added two characters, not just a Tony replacement. That automatically made the group and interpersonal tensions and subplots more complex. It helps that Quinn and Torres are both quirky.

I agree, even though they originally brought Quinn and Torres on as "replacements" for Tony, but I don't really see them as Tony's replacements, they have both established themselves as their own characters, they're not trying to replace anyone on the show, I view them as simply just 2 new additional characters who the producers have brought onboard to bring some much needed refreshing and rejuvenation to the already very old and stale show.

The only new character that I don't like and think is unnecessary is the MI6 agent Clayton Reeves, I just don't see the point of having his character on the show. I mean, unlike Torres and Quinn who have become permanent members on the core team, Reeves seems to be merely just a background character who the writers just stick into random storylines once in a while. He wasn't even in the first couple of episodes of the season and the team managed just fine without him on the show, and he wasn't even in the last 2 eps either. He's more like a recurring character appearing only once in a while rather than a main character, clearly Reeves is not a necessary character on the show nor do the core team need him most of the time, the only character Reeves ever serves any pourpose is when there's a bigger storyline that has him working undercover or something like that, or the team needs international help from his MI6 connections etc, but big storylines like those only happens occasionally on the show. And both McGee and Torres are very capable of doing undercover jobs too, especially Torres who had years of prior experience working undercover, so the team doesn't really need Reeves to work undercover jobs either.
    My friend thinks Reeves is like CGIS agent Borin; not an essential member/character on the team/show, but is occasionally helpful on a recurring basis, and I agree with her, Reeves is more suited as just a recurring character who pops in once in a while to assist the core team with cases that requires international help from MI6, but is usually not needed nor necessary.
    Last edited by LindaL100; 03-18-2017 at 10:47 PM.
    Mike'sgirl likes this.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

As Ziva was a liason, I think Reeves plays the same part with MI6 and NCIS. He worked a joint operation on the previous season and has now been relegated to analyst.

Even though they're both liason agents, but Ziva became a permanent member of the core team straight off the bat when she joined and essentially became one of the most important characters on the show. The difference with Clayton Reeves is that he's not part of the core team, he's just a background character that only appears on a recurring basis, he's not a necessary character unlike Ziva was. As I mentioned before I just don't see the point of Reeves' character, he's obviously not an important nor a necessary character, he doesn't even appear in every episode, meaning the team can handle things just fine without him.

I wonder if they had hoped to make him Tony's replacement, but then it just didn't happen? I like him, but agree his role is more of recurring characters and therefore expendable. The sort of person they would kill off at the end of a season even. Not that I want that to happen, because I don't. Maybe, they have a special storyline for Reeves coming up that is meant to carry into the next season? I'm confused as to why he is there......
    When you canít control whatís happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to whatís happening. Thatís where your power is.

+ Reply to Thread