+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10/16 - "Shifts Happen"

10/16 - "Shifts Happen"

ER
    SHIFTS HAPPEN
    10-16-2003 9:59PM

WILL GRAVEYARD SHIFT BECOME NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD FOR BRASH DR. PRATT?

A confident second-year resident Dr. Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) wants to show off during the graveyard shift but his heroics sometimes backfire, especially in his contempt for an asymptomatic husband (guest star Paul Cassel) who temporarily loses his speech -- and in the case of a boy whose treatment is delayed after he swallows a quarter.

As Dr. Weaver (Laura Innes) decries the "incompetence" of her staff, she too makes a grievous error while a screaming man (guest star Richard Cox) with a broken leg must wait endless hours and Neela (Parminder Nagra) deals with a little girl (guest star Rhyon Nicole Brown) who arrives with her beloved grandmother whose status is DNR -- "Do Not Resuscitate."

Elsewhere, Abby (Maura Tierney) finds herself desperate for money and credit and later meets both Dr. Kovac (Goran Visnjic) and his new girlfriend. Likewise, Dr. Corday (Alex Kingston) warms up to Dr. Dorset (guest star Bruno Campos, "Jesse").

Paul McCrane, Ming-Na, Sherry Stringfield and Sharif Atkins also star. .

This sounds like a good episode. I wonder what Weavers mistake is.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

This one does look pretty good from the previews.

Seems as though Pratt will be featuring prominently, which suits me fine.

Anything that provides temporary respite from what has become "The Abby Show" over the past couple of seasons is welcome as far as I'm concerned.
    "That's Numberwang!"

The Abby Show...
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Well, guess we have to wait until next week to see this one. Thanks NBC.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

just why exactly did they decide to do reruns??? i hate network tv.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

LG.
    they didn't want a new episode to get poor ratings up against the baseball game. It's been happening all over the networks, but I think NBC has been the quickest to pull new programming in favor of repeats to avoid competing against sports.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    they didn't want a new episode to get poor ratings up against the baseball game. It's been happening all over the networks, but I think NBC has been the quickest to pull new programming in favor of repeats to avoid competing against sports.
    NBC has a VERY quick hook. Thank goodness the hook snagged "Coupling" - hopefully permanently. One of the worst shows of all time.

I think they plan to move "Whoopie" permanently to the coveted Thursday night line-up to booster its horrible ratings - it was coming in third behind "8 Simple Rules" and "Navy NCSPDQMOUSE" or whatever the "JAG" spinoff is called on Tuesdays.

But they better also do something to boost the writing. The show is pretty horrible. I like Whoopie Goldberg and think she is talented but this show stinks.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Elsewhere, Abby (Maura Tierney) finds herself desperate for money and credit .
    That's odd because Abby appears to work 24 hours a day 7 days week - they much not pay Registered Nurses much money.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Paul McCrane, Ming-Na, Sherry Stringfield and Sharif Atkins also star.
    They do?!? Oh yeah, that's right. They say things to Abby as they pass her in the hall or hand her clip-boards and other things that further whatever story line Abby's life is following that week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast