+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CSI 11/13 - "Invisible Evidence" (was 10/16)

Greg was offered the chance to be a field CSI and is supposed to still be in training for it. We see bits and pieces of him training for it now and then.

Remember he lost it when he was on scene in that ep about the bus crash - and he was sent "in the field" by Grissom and Nick to look for the silencer used in this season's 2 parter about that couple that had sex with other couples and killed them. He was griping because he thought he was getting real CSI action and instead he had to wander the streets looking in the trash.

I like that they're taking it slow with Greg's promotion and like that they're showing that maybe he's all gung ho for it but he really isn't cut out for the blood and gore, that he's better in the lab. I can't stand that other lab guy, he's so snarky and obnoxious. I wouldn't trust him to do my tests the right way.

I totally agree - no one needs to be promoted. In real life, I doubt CSI's get promotions every couple of years, so why rush it on the show? There's a nice hierarchy with Grissom in charge, then Catherine after him and then the three peons after her. Promoting one over the other two just seems like a silly way to manufacture tension.

Maybe I can hope (I know you're not with me, lol) that Griss will turn her down and Sara will get ticked and move away. He was great with the dominatrix and even better with the lady that does heads (I know, that sounds bad). I don't think his character would move on a relationship with a close colleague, no matter how much he liked her. It just seems...un-Grissom.

I forgot all about that woman who puts the skin back on the skull to identify the person! Was it just me or did she look like Brigitte Neilson?

Pamela ....Brigitte
    Last edited by Duxxy; 11-17-2003 at 02:31 PM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

It does seem unGrissomlike to have a relationship with a coworker but this season he seems to be going through a midlife crisis and may want to have a change. It doesn't seem like he has ever had a real romantic relationship(the dominatrix does not count, that just is too unrealistic) in his life so maybe he wants to experience what he has missed. I know that many people don't agree with me but him and Sara do share alot in common.
    1. They live for their work. They would have no life if it wasn't for work
    2. They are both social outcasts who have missed alot in life studying and working
    3. They are really very smart and share the same interests.
    I do know that they have alot of problems some of which are:
    1. Grissom is like 15-20 older than Sara
    2. Grissom is Sara's supervisor
    3. Neither one of them can talk about their feelings to each other
    In real life things would be much different but in TV land anything can happen. Something has to happen, Grissom cannot keep ignoring Sara and Sara cannot keep bringing up the subject and then running away before she gives him a chance to respond.

I know that he's not, but in a weird way, Grissom seems unaware of what Sara's trying to tell him. Or maybe it's that he doesn't want to see it, I don't know. He's very single-minded and despite his personal crises, I think he sees work as the one place where feelings aren't supposed to interfere (yeah, he blows that theory with Mistress Heather and the head chick).

I just keep thinking that he doesn't see Sara as relationship material because he doesn't want to. She's impetuous, loud, emotional and in his face - four things that I doubt he'd list on his "want" list for a partner. But despite all that, he likes her, I know. I'm just not sure we've seen enough of "more than like" to have the writers toss us into a relationship between the two of them yet.

I love the way they seem to be building to a Catherine/Warrick thing. It's been slow, not much more than encounters now and then in the locker room, and yet you can literally cut the sexual tension with a scalpel. Maybe it's how the actors are playing it, maybe it's how it's been written - I can't really tell, but I prefer the way that one's building to the way Sara and Grissom have been half shoved in our face. Despite the fact that I don't like them together, I really did like the first half of the scene where Sara was re-enacting the vic on the sheet on the wall. Then it got all wonky with her blurting stuff out and Griss giving her that look like she was one of his bugs. Taking something sexy and turning it into something embarrassing isn't fun to watch - just my opinion, but it would have said so much more if Griss would have been called away or something when he had his hands next to her and he was leaning forward.

Oh well, I'm sure the writers will take us where they want to with the whole thing. As much as I dislike the character, I really do think that once Sara and Grissom get officially involved, she won't be on the show much longer. There's just nowhere to take it where it won't be awkward.

Do you think that Grissom's outburst during the meeting (telling Sarah that she was to do as she was told) was to draw a line in the sand? as in .. this is work, I am your boss, you must follow orders. Then .. on the same incident Katherine says... dont you think you were a little hard on her during the meeting? and he responds not hard enough (or something to that effect)

I don't know if he's clueless or if he's playing clueless and hoping the situation will just go away (a classic male trick)
    Grissom never got involved with Lady Heather, I do remember that he had plans to take the forensic artist (skull lady) out to dinner.
    Grissom does seem like the kind of guy that would have a very firm line between work and play
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I wonder if Grissom being tough with Sara was a sort of test to see if she could do the job she applied for.

He asked Catherine if he'd been too tough on her and it was Catherine who said not enough - leading me to believe he was seeing if she could handle being ordered around like he does with Catherine.

I know this is a show and not real life (though I argue about it enough, lol), but if I had an employee who got even remotely as mouthy with me as Sara and Warrick do with Grissom and they'd be gone, not getting promotions.

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    I just think the second they get any of the main characters involved is when the show goes downhill.

I think it's the same with almost everything.

Far From the Place I Love l2hdd's Avatar
    I completely agree with 2 ideas spoken here...make that 3...
    1. Any time the lead characters get involved, the show goes down hill. Remember <B>Moonlighting</B>? The only show I can think of right away that it worked on is <B>Friends</B>. Grissom/Sarah or Catherine/Warrick; I don't like either pairing.
    2. They should bring back "the head lady" if they want a romantic involvement for Grissom. I just watched that episode last weekend. Grissom seemed really intrigued by her.
    3. Nick needs better lines and George should portray Nick shirtless more often!

This episode will be re-aired on January 8th.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123