+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 155556575859606162636465
Like Tree341Likes

Thread: Saturday Night Live

FORT Fogey

Re: Saturday Night Live

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I watched and thought some sketches were very good and others were awful. Kind of like normal. It's been a LONG time (I can't even remember the episode) since I said, "Wow, that was a great episode!" It seems to be a lot of hit and miss. Looking forward to Bill Hader hosting because we might see Stefon!
    Since Seth Myers left, it seems to me every week like some of the sketches are written by high school kids... or maybe I'm just getting old and don't appreciate the humor. This week it was the Sasquatch sketch that seemed like juvenile humor to me, and the dinner with the parents sketch was just borderline amusing. I didn't know who James Bey was before this show, and I really liked him. Also looking forward to Stefon!

FORT Fogey

They may surprise us, but I'm not getting my hopes up for Stefon. He was written by John Mulaney, and it was Mulaney's ability to add lines between the dress rehearsal and live show that always made Hader laugh. He has sent in some writing since he left SNL, and did write a sketch over the phone at least once. But he's on tour right now with his stand up so he may not be able to.

With regards to the different sketches / juvenile humor, etc, I think that's what makes the show great. I remember Seth Meyers saying once (I think he was quoting Lorne Michaels) that a great SNL should have two sketches you quote, 1-2 you hate and others that make you laugh. What each person identifies as each of those will be different, but if everyone reacts that way, it means they gave a variety of forms of comedy and reached a broad audience.
    Dinahann likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Bill Hader's Stefon returns to 'Saturday Night Live' and we are blessed for it

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...sed/435964002/

STEFON!!!!! BH was his usual hysterical STEFON!!!!!

This was a GREAT SNL!!!!

Punkin, beerbelly, AmyKay and 2 others like this.
    KAREN

I found myself laughing out loud more than I usually do, it was a GREAT episode.
    beerbelly, momrek06 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

I love Bill Hader!
    momrek06 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

+ Reply to Thread