+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364 LastLast
Like Tree313Likes

Thread: Saturday Night Live

Re: Saturday Night Live

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    I have to watch this latest episode. I only saw clips online.
    It was good! Very funny except the cold open, which is heartbreaking and tear-jerking but very beautiful
    law638 and JosephD like this.

GRR this is not a good time for them to not have new shows. They will have a TON of material when it finally does come back

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Yes to the bolded. That alien skit, a recurring skit, had me rolling on the floor. Kate is so, so good. Even Aidy was having a hard time keeping a straight face during that skit. Ryan was having a hard time keeping a straight face during several of the skits he appeared on. I liked Emma Stone showing up for the monologue.

I had to turn off during Jay Z's performance. I guess I am just old but I don't 'get' his music. I must be in the minority, though, b/c he's mega rich. I wonder how much of it is from his music or if the bulk is from his producing?
    He also designs clothing, owns a popular music streaming service(Tidal) and owns another company that designs earphones.
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

Tiffany Haddish hosts the next episode! Can't wait!
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I loved Tiffany Haddish's performances! She was so funny! Though it was scary when the cat hissed at her during that segment!
    "A goal without a timeline is simply a dream" Robert Herjavec

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    I loved Tiffany Haddish's performances! She was so funny! Though it was scary when the cat hissed at her during that segment!
    I love how she cocked her arm back to punch it! She was ready if it was going to attack!

I enjoyed her hosting as well! I really liked Boo Boo Jefferies!
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

FORT Fogey

We are getting new head writers!! Colin Jost and Michael Che have been announced as new head writers. The show hasnít been the same this year since Chris Kelly and Sara Schneider left those jobs last year. Colin was being groomed for, and had, the job when he took over Weekend Update, but gave it up when it was evident he was struggling with Update. They are in a groove now so hopefully he can do both.

Lots of sketches have had good ideas this year but just havenít gone anywhere. Hopefully they can get it in track. I hope the have Che do a lot with the political stuff because I love how direct he is with that kind of comedy.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

I love those two on update, I didn't realize they are writers but I should have. They are brilliant and hilarious

FORT Fogey

Yes! Colin Jost actually started as a writer on the show. He was in that position for several years and at the end of Seth Meyers time he'd been identified as the heir apparent. When Seth went to Late Night, Colin was given the head writer job. But when he got Update too, he struggled enough with that he made he made the decision to give up the head writing to focus on his delivery and comfort level with Update. Chris and Sarah were fantastic replacing him, and I think the show may have been caught by surprise with how soon they left. But after Chris got the accolades he did for his movie last year, and they had TV development opportunities with Lorne it was time for them to move on.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

FORT Fogey

Yes! They both actually started as a writers on the show. Colin was in that position for several years and at the end of Seth Meyers time he'd been identified as the heir apparent. When Seth went to Late Night, Colin was given the head writer job. But when he got Update too, he struggled enough with that he made he made the decision to give up the head writing to focus on his delivery and comfort level with Update. Chris and Sarah were fantastic replacing him, and I think the show may have been caught by surprise with how soon they left. But after Chris got the accolades he did for his movie last year, and they had TV development opportunities with Lorne it was time for them to move on.

+ Reply to Thread