+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1151525354555657585960616263 LastLast
Like Tree310Likes

Thread: Saturday Night Live

FORT Fogey

Re: Saturday Night Live

It's a fantastic book - I highly recommend it for anyone who is an SNL fan. I actually loaned my copy to a friend several months ago, and she gave it back after reading 50 or so pages. She said she liked it so much she wanted her own copy.
    beerbelly likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

I'm really going to miss Drunk Uncle and secondhand news correspondent Anthony Crispino. Hope he makes a few guest appearances.
    beerbelly likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

I used to watch Kenan Thompson on Nick when I was a teenager. He is truly versatile. He holds the SNL record for most impersonations at 122, beating the previous record, of 107, held by Darrel Hammond. Thompson has been a cast member on SNL for fourteen seasons, breaking the record for the longest-serving African-American cast member previously held by Tim Meadows, who stayed on the show for ten seasons. Thompson became the most senior cast member in the 2013-14 season, following the departure of Seth Meyers. He is also tied with Darrell Hammond for the longest-tenured cast member in the show's history.
    I appreciate people who play big parts but are also team players, willing to portray the background characters.
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

KAREN

THURSDAY AUGUST 10th!!!

WEEKEND UPDATE!!!!
    https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-l...date_primetime

The half-hour telecast will feature "Weekend Update" anchors Colin Jost and Michael Che. Additional "Saturday Night Live" cast members will also make appearances.
    Kiz, Eastcoastmom and AlwaysVeg like this.
    KAREN

Melissa McCarthy won an Emmy at the Creative Arts Emmys this weekend! I hope, if she was there to make the speech, she thanked Sean Spicer
    Miss_Griss and Eastcoastmom like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Melissa McCarthy won an Emmy at the Creative Arts Emmys this weekend! I hope, if she was there to make the speech, she thanked Sean Spicer
    Dave Chappelle won one as well, for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series (SNL)!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Dave Chappelle won one as well, for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series (SNL)!
    I think that i"m even more excited about Dave winning than Melissa. Melissa did great work, especially as Spicer. But Dave hosted the Saturday after the election. His monologue in that show was outstanding, and made people laugh at the situation rather than dividing people and creating more animosity. To have done that - with one less day prepare the show really since writing night was election night and the next day they realized they needed some new material that continued to develop all week, was an accomplishment. It was a stroke of genius to book someone of his skill level to host in that particular week.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think that i"m even more excited about Dave winning than Melissa. Melissa did great work, especially as Spicer. But Dave hosted the Saturday after the election. His monologue in that show was outstanding, and made people laugh at the situation rather than dividing people and creating more animosity. To have done that - with one less day prepare the show really since writing night was election night and the next day they realized they needed some new material that continued to develop all week, was an accomplishment. It was a stroke of genius to book someone of his skill level to host in that particular week.
    his monologue was absolutely perfect
    AcookerTV likes this.

'Saturday Night Live' will stay live in all time zones in Season 43

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...-43/682001001/
    cablejockey and Eastcoastmom like this.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread