+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Saturday Night Live

OK last night was a reapeat of the Justin Timberlake epi. On second viewing I thought some of if was hilarious. The Jessica Simpson spoof had me rolling!
    Something I noticed (and I can't remember if you covered this already PSi) Justin knew his lines. He hardly ever looked off camera to check the teleprompter. He was having fun and not taking himself too seroiusly - it made the show more enjoyable for me. The omlettville thing still annoyed the crap outta me but I thought the rest was ok.

Note to PSi: Jimmy Falon doesn't only break character with Horatio, he does it with everyone. I don't think he knows how to keep a straight face. Tina can set him off with no problem.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I think you forgot Gilda Radner from your Top 10 Dream Team list
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey
    LMAO Al Sharpton next week! Should be a good one.

PSi
    Al sharpton should be so funny.
    All Justin did for half the show was sing, and it gets annoying after awhile. I, too, saw the show, and thought some sketches were good (jessica simpson, kermit), but again fail to see the humour in the Omletteville and the Bee Gee's sketches)
    And yes Jimmy does break character with everyone else, but he could at least get it under control...not with Horatio. He seems to lose it with him.

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    the Paris Hilton interview on WE..

funniest thing on SNL in years!!!

"Is it hard to get into the Paris Hilton"

I was ROFL forever

yeah that was pretty great. I liked the part where he said "I would only need to stay for minute and a half, two minutes"

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse_85
    yeah that was pretty great. I liked the part where he said "I would only need to stay for minute and a half, two minutes"

lol.. best WE interview ever

FORT Fogey
    Who's on next week, i missed it when they usually say it.

Paris Hilton skit was hilarious LMAO

Elijah Wood and Jet are on next week

PSi

Episode VII: Al Sharpton and Pink.

<B> Opening Words </B>

A lot of people think this episode is going to suck. I don’t see why? Al Sharpton is, well, a moron. How can that not be funny? You know who’d be better than the Rev…Don King. Anything he does is funny. As long as he babbles like an idiot, it can’t be too bad, but that’s expected. So is I hate white people spiel Hell, the cast has had three weeks off, plenty of time to think up something funny…right?

<B> Beforehand </b>

URI beat PC in basketball. LSU won. Mix of shoveling snow, which I hate, and watching college sports, then more shoveling snow. Did I mention I hate snow?

<b> Cold Opening </b> NBC President

I’m surprised it isn’t Hammond doing a brutally inaccurate impersonation of someone. Much better than Hammond, but what was the crowd laughing at in the first five seconds? I don’t know, didn’t blow me away, but it wasn’t terribly painful…and they love that Hey Ya song. Really no reason to play it in the background. But it was ok, thus the 5

Actors: Jimmy Fallon
    Best Line: Crossing over with John Edward and John Edwards
    Length: 2.45
    Rating: 5/10

<B> Monologue </b>

Tracy Morgan, upon realizing that his show is utter garbage, has returned for a cameo appearance. Actually, I’m a bit surprised here. I did not expect a James Brown bit from Al Sharpton. It was actually good. I was surprised. Like I said in the beginning, I either expected incoherent babbling or I hate white people, I got neither. What was funny, when he said “the President Al Sharpton,” the crowd, instead of cheering, laughed. Just drop out of the race. He, along with 6 others, have no real chance.

Actors:
    Best Line: You wore this suit five years ago
    Length: 3.07
    Rating: 8/10

<B> Commercial </b> Mom Jeans

This is a commercial…from last year. Ok, recycling from this year is ok, but last year? What’s next, oops I crapped my pants? They had three freaking weeks, and this is the best they can come up with? Oh, I sense bad omens for the rest of the show.

Actors: Maya, Amy, Rachael, Tina
    Best Line: n/a
    Length: .55
    Rating: 4/10 only because it’s from last year. If it were from this, probably a 6, or original, a 7 or 8

<B> Michael Jackson in a Roller Coaster </b>

What the hell is this crap? Since when did Michael Jackson turn into a mix of Anna-Nicole Smith and Jessica Simpson? What a waste of a sketch. I understand the underlying theme of the whole thing, but is it really necessary? I can see the stink lines rising up from this steamy turd of a sketch.

Actors: Amy, Rachael, Chris, Horatio
    Best Line: I’m sorry lawyers, I’m sorry stranger
    Length: 4.00
    Rating: 3/10

<B> Brian Fellows </B>

Did you hear Sharpton go “wait” during the Fellows intro? I know I did. What a bad robotic seal…named Sammy. I have a stuffed seal named Sammy too. I liked how the one moron awed the robotic seal. Is Brian Fellows wearing Lip Gloss? Tina comes out for another sketch. What, Maya, Amy, Rachael not up for this sketch? *shrugs* Nevertheless, it was good, but tapered off in the end. You know what would’ve been funny, if, instead of having the snowman talking, having the seal all dressed up talking about how he’s going to the club and get all the ladies…but ah. All the wasted potential.

Actors: Parnell, Tina
    Best Line: Al: Are you saying that seals are Mormons?
    Length:
    Rating: 7/10

Next Week- Elijah Wood with Jet.
    Never saw any of the Lord of the Rings and Jet…I liked the sound better when I would hear anything on the classic rock station.

<B> Three Wise Men </b>

This premise is absolutely great, the three wise men getting pulled over by the police. Absolute genius. Very funny until the end. They can’t seem to close off a sketch. The angel thing is weak. But I award the premise, not the lack

Actors: Hammond (VO), Kenan, Fallon, Richards
    Best Line: You guys are driving around in the night with gold and two bags of incense following a star looking for a guy whose name you forgot.
    Length: 4.15
    Rating: 10/10

<B> Performance One</b>

I’m not going to comment on Pink other than, in a recent interview, said how much she loved Bad Religion….but what a stupid hairdo. Either she’s losing her voice or this is completely uninspired. ..and seriously, can we get some clothes that fit her?

<B> Weekend Update </b>

Tina has reverted back to her ways of laughing at her stupid jokes and offering asides. I guess three weeks off undid all that effort she put in trying to be serious. Did any other WU host act like this? No. Totally uncalled for. Boston’s not airing this episode? Wow, that’s a big market too. So much for the ratings on this episode. Luckily I live in an area where no one cares. Also, why the hell is Jimmy mouthing Don Pardo’s bit at the end of naming the cities? Seriously…
    Paris Hilton comes on…and seriously, she needs to eat a Burger. And when did we start caring about people who do nothing, just a winner in the sperm lottery, that’s all…it was mildly amusing, in that its what edgy 5th grader sort of way.
    It was short…

Actors: Fallon, Fey
    Best Line: Jimmy- is it hard getting into the Paris Hilton?
    Length: 6.00
    Rating: 6/10

<B> Old Movie Stereotypes</B>
    Did you see that Paris Hilton Graphic pop up? I did.
    I’m actually surprised that Jimmy and Horatio could get through a sketch without breaking character. Trying to end on a moral tone? Eh…Plus aren’t the color barriers breaking down. White and Black kids everywhere love that 50 cent. It truly is MLK’s dream. I also like how its just black stereotypes, cuz no one cares about those lazy Mexicans
    But its funny that a guy who does a political sketch about erasing negative black stereotypes isn’t a fan of white people…Wasn’t bad…wasn’t good. Average, 5.

Actors: Maya, Kenan, Finesse, Fallon, Horatio,
    Best Line: al- no women.
    Length: 4.00

<B> Al Sharpton’s Casa de Sushi </B>

Will and Kenan make the least two convincing Japanese people in thie history of television. Horatio a good Harvey impersonation and does his best Chris Farley impersonation and falls through the table. Not much to say about this, but using 2Pac for background music…ok.

Actors: Maya, Amy, Kenan, Will, Horatio
    Best Line: I don’t like this stuff, this stuff is nasty.
    Length: 3.00

<B> 6 other Democrats bicker about Sharpton among other things</B>

Eh. Crowd wasn’t really buying this one either. But it wasn’t exactly painful, like the Michael Jackson sketch.

Actors: Parnell, Richards, Fallon, Forte, Seth, Hammond,
    Best Line: --
    Rating: 4/10

<B> Performance 2 </B>

<B> LaToya Jackson show </B>

Pain…the unmitigated pain. Five and a half minutes of pure torture.

Actors: Maya, Kenan, Fred
    Best Line: *shrugs*
    Length: 5.30
    Rating: 2

<B>Vasquez’ Cab Ride </B>

Notice how the graphic was up way too long? Notice how it looked like Al’s reading from the script in Maya’s lap for the first half. I don’t think Vasquez is a funny character to begin with…even the crowd had a tough time buying this one. But Al…Al-bwy-no…little trouble with them cards.

Actors: Horatio, Maya, Fred
    Best Line: Rubin Studdard beat that Albino Transvestite.
    Length: 4.45
    Rating: 3/10

<B> commercial 2 </B> Croygenix

What have they done for the past three weeks? Christ. Get some new commercials.

Actors: Parnell, Maya, Amy, Seth, Richards,
    Best Line: --
    Length: 1.15
    Rating: 4/10

<B> Johnny Cash </b>

It was a nice little tribute, not that the kids know who he is. At least it wasn’t butchered, like everything else he does. Wasn’t that funny, but nice nonetheless. Awards for actually thinking about him.

Actors: Hammond
    Best Line: …the leg wrestling line with Jesus.
    Rating:6/10

Gotta cut off the ending for a special holiday fear factor. What a stupid show.

<B> Overall: </B>
    Al wasn’t bad. He’s not a real actor, and regardless what you think of him as a person and his views and whatnot, he really tried out there. Sure he tripped up on a few words, but he has trouble with the English language in general. The writers, however, really dropped the ball on this one. They had three weeks to come up with something funny, and the best they could do is Michael Jackson in a roller coaster? Who the hell thought that would actually be funny? That, I think, gets a nominee for the worst sketch of the year award.
    Also, did anyone else notice how Tracy Morgan was in the show more than a) he was last year and b) most of the cast.

<B> Overall Rating: 72/140 (5.1) </B>
    Felt Like: 4.5
    Performer of the night: Tracy Morgan doesn’t count because he’s not actually a cast member…I’m going to go out on a limb and say Kenan. For somebody who’s hardly used on most of the episodes, he came out and did his thing. Although Chaka Khan wasn’t funny, I applaud his effort.
    Worst Performer: It should go to the writers for making us sit through this crap. Two bad Jackson sketches, seriously. No one was so bad that they should get this, and I have been told by many people that not being in the show should automatically make them the worst of the night. So…I guess no one.

Appearance in sketches (this week/season total)
    Maya 6/30
    Fallon 5/20
    Kenan 4/16
    Amy 4/28
    Horatio 4/22
    Parnell 4/24
    Fey 3/13
    Hammond 3/12
    Richards 3/16
    Armison 2/18
    Dratch 2/23
    Seth 2/17
    Forte 1/15
    Finesse 1/13

Final Words:
    Whoever wrote those two Jackson sketches…please put down your pencil and your paper. Please.

I like mail. Psix0@lycos.com
    And I hate snow.
    Thanks for Reading
    ~PSi

+ Reply to Thread