+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Saturday Night Live

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Saturday Night Live

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    I'm not familiar with Taran Killam outside of SNL. He's been the best part of the show for several episodes now. I look forward to seeing more comedy from him!
    He's a great addition to the cast. I am glad they promoted him from supporting player. I still laugh thinking about him doing the parody last season of Brad Pitt and that Chanel commercial. That was hysterical. He was so funny in the McConaughey skit.

FORT Fogey

He's a very talented performer. Before Bill Hader left, I heard several people predict that Taran would step into the utility player role that Hader did so well, and I think he is certainly doing that. Most of his impressions are very strong, and the characters he creates are memorable too. I guess I should not be surprised by his acting skills, but he even impressed me with his (small) role in 12 Years a Slave. When I read he was in that movie it seemed like an odd choice to me. But he fit the role he played very well. On SNL, it also seems like he's embracing the cheerleader type role among the cast which is great. I think that show is better when there are a few people around who are pushing for them to be great as a team and not just for their individual work. Of course, for all the good things I can say about him, I have to say that nothing he does will ever outshine his reenactment of the Robyn video the week she was the musical guest. If you have not seen it, look it up becuse it is fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    SNL has always required some additional knowledge, whether it be of pop culture or political events.
    Fred Armisen has a dead on impression of the National Public Radio personality Ira Glass. It definitely required additional knowledge to get the bit. As an NPR listener, I thought it was hilarious! Unfortunately it got cut from the final live show. My guess was that they decided it required *too much* additional knowledge.

The footage of the segment on Weekend Update was recorded during the dress rehearsal and can be seen here:
    Fred Armisen's Impression of Ira Glass | This American Life

+ Reply to Thread