+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Saturday Night Live

Re: Saturday Night Live

Loved Stefan's sendoff with the smurfs, cones etc. and I had no idea it was going to be Anderson Cooper! Loved it. The rest was ok.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Tomorrow night, Miley is hosting SNL and it is my understanding that she is promising a performance(s) that will make her act with Robin Thicke pale by comparison. I usually watch SNL so I'll probably see it.

At the very least Miley is being affected by pernicious, pervasive immaturity......a lot like Justin Beiber.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 10-04-2013 at 04:05 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I'd be VERY surprised if the performances make the VMAs pale in comparison. MTV prides itself in having shocking performances for the VMAs. Lorne Michaels goes to great lengths to minimize the shock of performances on SNL. In the history of the show, the two biggest shocks have been Sinead O'Conner tearing up the popes picture, which was hidden from producers until it happened, cut from the west coast feed, and never shown on re-runs of the episode, and Ashlee Simpson being caught lip syncing. When she's working with Michaels all week as host of the show, and the musical performances are screened and monitored, she'd have to go to great lengths to do something more shocking than the VMAs. And given that Lorne now controls all of NBC's late night, I just dont think he's a person worth pushing out of your corner.

Knowing her unexpected behavior patterns, of late, they just may be on the lookout for something unexpected.....just waiting to "go to black". I'm not so sure she's carte blanche trustworthy, no matter what she gave them in rehearsal.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Miley didn't act up during her SNL hosting gig. The worst she did was hold onto her crotch while she sang a song; they raised the camera angle.

FORT Fogey

Well I have to hand it to Miley. I think she delivered on her promise to give an snl performance that made her VMA performance pale in comparison. I thought her vocals for both musical performances were very strong. She was also good in the sketches. She put talent and charisma on display last night, which she didn't do at the VMAs. I was impressed.

FORT Fogey

I would not disagree that it was a weak episode. The sketches weren't great. But they weren't great with Tina Fey as host either. That's reflecting a new cast and writing staff changes, and nothing on the host. I think Miley did a good job with the material she had, and I was impressed with her musical performances. At the end of the day, sounding good singing mattered most to her three days before her album is released and she delivered.

OMG! Was that not the most boring episode of SNL in years?I don't think I laughed once. Was Bruce Willis on drugs or is he just THAT bad an actor? Is it just me?

Might just be you. I thought it was better than the previous two episodes....not that that's saying much. "Boy Dance Party" was hilarious and I thought Seth and Cecily really clicked during "Weekend Update." There were really only a few sketches (the "Eddie" one, especially) that I thought were bad. I liked "Sigma" for it's oddness and I thought Aidy Bryant was fabulous in everything. I want to see whole sketches based on her character in the "Lady Gaga Talk Show." That was hilarious.
    Moontat likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread