+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Saturday Night Live

Re: Saturday Night Live

SNL got me into Fleet Foxes. I agree on Alabama Shakes. Awesome, and a nice break from the pop dreck that the show has emphasized in recent years. (No offense to your girls, AJane. :-)) Also, I think Justin Bieber was much better the first time he was on. That video with Tina Fey was priceless.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fogey

SNL and Justin Timberlake both just announced that he will be hosting the March 9 show. I'm so excited!!!! I've enjoyed some of the first time hosts they've had this season, but it's going to be great to see one of the go-to hosts come back!

I hope this means that Jimmy Fallon will come on, too. Although they probably have to retire the Bee Gees skit with Robin's death.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I'm happy to hear Justin Timberlake is coming back, he is usually very good!

One more comment about Alabama Shakes. I NEVER would have guessed that their singer is only 24 years old. She sings with so much soul and confidence. That is amazing!!

FORT Fogey

I think there's a good chance Jimmy Fallon will make an appearance, because Quest Love just tweeted that Timberlake is going to be co-hosting with Jimmy Fallon all week the week after he hosts SNL. What better way to kick that off than for Fallon to appear on SNL?
    football_chick and mesachick like this.

FORT Fogey

Well that was one of my favorite episodes of SNL ever! I love how much trust and faith they put in Justin Timberlake. And he deserves it! Normally I try to stay up through weekend update, then go to sleep and watch the rest the next day. Last night, I was having so much fun I stayed up for the whole show!
    AmyKay and bee stung lips like this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Last night's show was HILARIOUS, as it always is when Justin guest hosts. The man's a natural comedian. Too bad he can't be a regular on the show. He's probably one of the best guest hosts of all of them. Although his serious acting skills suck, he definitely has a knack for comedy. That skit with him and Andy Sanborn as R & B singers always, KILLS me.

Was wonderful to see Dan Ackroyd, Steve Martin, Martin Short and Alec Baldwin make an appearance as well.
    football_chick likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I watched last night and enjoyed it, but I thought the "monologue" was a bit too much. It just went on and on. Also, I wish they would come up with new sketches when Timberlake hosts instead of the same ones every time. Also, "Weekend Update" was WAY too short, even though it had Stefon. I suspect the sketches before WU ran long, so Seth had to cut things to make up time.

I'm really looking forward to Melissa McCarthy next month! I love her.

They really need to get Jon Hamm back this season. He's probably my favorite of the recent repeat hosts. Maybe with Mad Men coming back soon, they can get him on the schedule before the end of the season.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Loved this episode. I remember when Candace Bergen first guest-hosted. She was stunningly beautiful. When she appeared last night, I thought, "Who's that older lady?" It's a shame how they all got so old while the rest of us have stayed exactly the same. ;-)
    Miss_Griss, Jamie5632 and Moontat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    Loved this episode. I remember when Candace Bergen first guest-hosted. She was stunningly beautiful. When she appeared last night, I thought, "Who's that older lady?" It's a shame how they all got so old while the rest of us have stayed exactly the same. ;-)
    I was watching the 60's British invasion special on PBS last night. It was hosted by Petula Clark. She is now 80 years old! Dusty Springfield will be 74 next month, and Lulu is 64. Sigh.
    Miss_Griss and Moontat like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread