+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Saturday Night Live

Re: Saturday Night Live

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The show hasn't aired here yet, but I saw a pic of Horatio a while back and did a double take! He really does look like a different person!
    Yup, I am in SoCal and I have another 30 minutes or so but I had heard that Horatio had lost allot of weight! I am excited to see him. Sounds like a great SNL!
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

I had no idea that was Horatio Sanz until the end of the show, too. Never would have recognized him. Jimmy Fallon did a fantastic job. Loved seeing Chris Kattan, Amy Poehler and Tina Fay, too! Just wished Michael Buble had been in a skit or two besides singing. I think on Tuesday night, they're going to have a prime time Xmas retrospective with all the great skits, including Schweddy Balls. Can't wait!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Weirdly, at first I thought Horatio Sanz was Kevin Smith. I was watching while organizing a bunch of paperwork, so I obviously wasn't paying 100% attention. Maybe it was the beard? But once he started the song, I was "OMG! Horatio's back!" That was the best episode since Jon Hamm's first appearance. It also shows definitively that Seth Meyer should NOT be alone at the anchor desk; he's far less cloying when he's got someone to play off of. I FF'd through Buble's songs (it's a thing with me....Christmas music makes me slightly nuts) but I did watch his "duets album" sketch because the impressions were So. Damn. Awesome.

NEW SEASON KICKS OFF SATURDAY NIGHT SEPTEMBER 15, 2012

SETH McFARLANE as HOST!

'Saturday Night Live' to kick off season with Seth MacFarlane, Frank Ocean - The Clicker
    football_chick likes this.
    KAREN

I love Seth McFarlane! I loved last season so I am excited for this season!
    football_chick likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Wow! Not many people watching this season I guess.That's a shame because I think this has overall been a good season.Justin Beiber hosted last night and even though I'm not a fan of his,I thought he did well.He was able to take many jabs at himself.
    cablejockey likes this.

FORT Fogey

I agree! Thought they did a great job of coming up with sketch ideas that worked for Justin's fans, but made for a funny show for SNL fans too. I thought Bieber did okay. He didn't embarrass himself, but was definitely no Timberlake!
    cablejockey and AmyKay like this.

I thought he was terrible. SO awkward. I watch on and off and I've been surprised at how poorly some hosts have done when I thought they would be great. Jennifer Lawrence is an example. She's hilarious and obviously she can act. The material they gave her was awful.

They need to get Jon Hamm and Melissa McCarthy back immediately!
    candor likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I was dissapointed in Jennifer, but I don't blame the material she was given. She's a great actress, but I think SNL proved she does drama a lot better than comedy. With several of the sketches she was in, she seemed to recite the lines and do okay, but she didn't really get totally into it and sell the comedy like someone like Melissa McCarthy would. Take a sketch like the one where she was a creepy waitress - Melissa or Anne Hathaway would have sold those lines much better than Jennifer who did okay, but really didn't get IN to it.

Yes, Jennifer tends to act in dramas, but if you've ever seen her in interviews, she's hilarious. The writers failed to capitalize on that.

Frankly, I think the writing staff is pretty bad and unimaginative now. If I have to sit through "The Californians" one more time, I'll commit a homicide. That sketch wasn't funny even once. "What's Up With That?" is embarrassingly bad and we're subjected to it on a regular basis. For me, sometimes the only funny part of the show is "Weekend Update."
    Moontat and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread