+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Saturday Night Live

Re: Saturday Night Live

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3897836;
    I loved the Betty White muffin sketch almost as much as I like Schweaty Balls.
    "My muffin hasn't had a cherry since 1939."

She was fantastic! Best host in longer than I cam remember. Last night's show brought SNL their highest ratings in 18 months....and that was for the election eve special.

Betty, combined with all the great former cast members who came back was a winning combination. I can't remember the last time I actually laughed out loud more than once while watching SNL. She just schooled everyone!

"You're barking up the wrong lesbian!"

That digital short with the GG theme was in instant classic!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

KK4
    FORT Fan

Betty rocked! Great show! I say this as one who had to be home or had to be at a party with a TV to watch back in the first years.
    Lorne Michaels take note.....we'll watch quality!

It is so great not to see a 20 year old! Let's give a hand to our seniors! Betty White was amazing!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I was really excited to see this myself, Betty White was absolutely amazing! I've really never seen her in any of her work, but recently she has been in a lot of "guest appearances" on Family Guy, Snickers Commercial, etc. She's definitely an amazing comedian. Easily one of the better recent SNL hosts that I've seen...

I also really appreciated that a lot of my past favorites returned in this episode as well, I absolutely loved Maya Rudolph, Molly Shannon, Ana Gasteyer, etc.

It's really nice to see that Betty has been beloved and embraced by so many generations now.
    A class act and a really funny lady.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Finally finished watching this and she was great. I had saved it to watch a bit at a time - kinda like I wanted to draw it out a while. Hard to find good stuff on Tv sometimes. Her timing has always been impeccable and at 88 (or 90 as one other source reports) it's no different.

Has she written a book? If not, I hope she does. It would fly off the shelves.

I hope SNL has more guest hosts who us oldies can actually know who they are! Do the Love Boat thing for a while. Lol.

Betty White won an Emmy tonight for Best Guest Actress in a Comedy for hosting SNL. Go Betty!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4045339;
    Betty White won an Emmy tonight for Best Guest Actress in a Comedy for hosting SNL. Go Betty!
    Emmys Awards 2010: Betty White, 'The Pacific' win big at creative arts ceremony

Yay, Betty! Creative Arts Emmy - she so deserves this!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I just finished watching tonight's show and OMGosh, Horatio Sanz looks like a different man!!! During the little musical sketch I was telling my son "Normally Horatio Sanz is in that spot, but I don't know who that guy is.". I didn't get it until the very end when Jimmy Fallon was thanking everyone and said his name. He lost an incredible amount of weight and looks fantastic. Congratulations to Horatio Sanz!!!!

The show hasn't aired here yet, but I saw a pic of Horatio a while back and did a double take! He really does look like a different person!

+ Reply to Thread